Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hospital Stays
Does anybody know the general ins and outs of contact for the NRP (with PR) in relation to extended hospital stays for the resident parent?

My solicitor says I’m legally allowed to remove my child from my ex’s family when she’s in hospital as I’m the only one with PR in absence of her. This makes sense and I’m considering it as I’ve found out my ex’s friends - strangers to my kid - have been looking after him/putting him to bed when I’ve been available to provide care.

Could I sort something without going back to court? Any advice?

Thanks.
Think your solicitor is right
Popping to a dental appointment and asking the neighbour to look after the kids is one thing, long term care such as putting to bed over several nights (when you are available) is not kid focussed

Have a word with the ex is best approach... ask her why and then explain your position
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
Thanks, LTC.

I’ve spoken to her but she’s adamant that my son staying with me is not in his best interests. Her argument being that he ‘shouldn’t be away from his bedroom and familiar surroundings’. She’s apparently oblivious to the fact he has a bedroom and familiar surroundings - and his dad! - at my place.

I was just wondering what the legal side of things were in this respect as I find it definitely not in his best interests to have a bunch of strangers put him to bed every night when I’m two minutes away and available. I don’t want to come across as unreasonable with her being in hospital but it’s about my son, not her.
(09-22-2017, 04:41 AM)strider Wrote: Thanks, LTC.

I’ve spoken to her but she’s adamant that my son staying with me is not in his best interests. Her argument being that he ‘shouldn’t be away from his bedroom and familiar surroundings’. She’s apparently oblivious to the fact he has a bedroom and familiar surroundings - and his dad! - at my place.

I was just wondering what the legal side of things were in this respect as I find it definitely not in his best interests to have a bunch of strangers put him to bed every night when I’m two minutes away and available. I don’t want to come across as unreasonable with her being in hospital but it’s about my son, not her.

Does a Chidl Arrangements Order Exist?

If no, pick the child up, as you have PR. Inform the people at the house that as far as the law is concerned your on the same legal standing, and if they refuse you will call the Police and they might be arrested for Child Kidnap.

If a Child Arrangements Order exists, go to Court (phone in advance) and ask for an ex party urgent hearing. Go in and state that the mother is in hospital and has others looking after the child and that due to the fact they do not have PR, you want an Order made saying the Child lives with you until xxx is out of hospital and is able to look after the childs welfare herself.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Her argument being that he ‘shouldn’t be away from his bedroom and familiar surroundings’.

On that thinking... she's never taking him on holiday eh?
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Studio flat and overnight stays. TheDetective 14 15,633 05-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Tamagoto
  Overnight stays at my new partners house mortware 29 46,963 06-20-2017, 06:24 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Overnight stays for two year-old BristolDad 3 6,173 04-24-2017, 06:34 AM
Last Post: MarkR