Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parenting plan?
Now have a hearing date.  Submitted application myself, but have a Solicitor.  Who doesn't seem to be very proactive.  Just sent me a letter saying who would be in court on the day (she is busy so another Solicitor) and a copy of the Cafcass parenting plan and said to fill it in.  Had email from Cafcass saying they are going to phone.  So a couple of questions please

1) What happens next?  Aren't I supposed to do a position statement before the first hearing?  Solicitor hasn't mentioned it.
2)  How the heck am I supposed to fill in this parenting plan when I have cited emotional and psychological abuse of the ex - the wording in the parenting plan just doesn't fit my situation.
I never did a plan until nearly the end

Position Statements can be done and submitted to court on the day
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Thanks - is the position statement for the first hearing or the final one? Court papers say you have to provide a parenting plan by the first hearing. It's very confusing. Clearly we're not going to be completing it together. Son is 9 and I have co-parented since birth, never married or lived together. It says you can fill them out individually. But how? When ex behaves like a vengeful God and the only communication is accusing me of all sorts.

Any tips on what you did with your plan/how to do one.
The court notice that tells you when the hearing is should state whether a statement is required and by when. If you didn’t get a copy of it, ring up the court and ask them what you’re expected to do.

Not sure why you’re expected to fill out a parenting plan now unless it’s been specifically requested by the court or by CAFCASS. Again the court should be able to tell you if you have to do one ahead of the hearing.
Thanks. The court notice just says a parenting plan should be submitted before the hearing. It's very confusing. There was an order for reasonable contact and an agreement a year ago (now needs varying and defining due to not being kept to) and no parenting plan asked for then. Clearly I am supposed to have one but no idea how to go about completing it under the current circumstances.

My application includes a C1A citing emotional and psychological abuse by ex, with info and evidence attached. I'm not quite sure how I'm expected to do a parenting plan in those circumstances. Should it be what I would like it to be? Ex won't even be in the same room as me never mind go to mediation, but maybe it's to make us try mediation to fill one out? I got signed off at a MIAM.

Anyone else filled out a parenting plan on their own?
(09-23-2017, 07:47 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Thanks.  The court notice just says a parenting plan should be submitted before the hearing.  It's very confusing.  There was an order for reasonable contact and an agreement a year ago (now needs varying and defining due to not being kept to) and no parenting plan asked for then. Clearly I am supposed to have one but no idea how to go about completing it under the current circumstances.

My application includes a C1A citing emotional and psychological abuse by ex, with info and evidence attached.  I'm not quite sure how I'm expected to do a parenting plan in those circumstances.  Should it be what I would like it to be?  Ex won't even be in the same room as me never mind go to mediation, but maybe it's to make us try mediation to fill one out?  I got signed off at a MIAM.

Anyone else filled out a parenting plan on their own?

Its at the First Hearing where the Judge decides what reports etc are needed.

In your case, in addition to a Posiition Statement, expect a Section 7 if the Child is known to the Local Authroity.

As your citing abuse, Cafcass will be put in as a Guardian, to represent the childs best interests, with their "Wishes and Desires" being taken into account, if in law they are old enought in the part of the UK you live.  They will also get a Legal Aid Solicitor for that.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
This is where I did my parenting plan

http://www.splittingup-putkidsfirst.org....nting-plan this is the one from CAFCAS site

It has ideas of what to put etc. I also covered myself by adding holidays, fathers day, xmas etc split equally.

Yet to go to court as I am filling C100 tomorrow but it covers everything, might be too much but rather that then miss stuf out.
Thank you MarkR and MrBiz. Mr Biz - I saw that one. Did you send it to your ex to agree with or just complete it yourself? I just know if I send anything to ex to try and agree points it will just end up in stalemate. Which is why I'm going to court.
(09-24-2017, 10:20 AM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Mr Biz - I saw that one.  Did you send it to your ex to agree with or just complete it yourself?  I just know if I send anything to ex to try and agree points it will just end up in stalemate. Which is why I'm going to court.

I have sent nothing to her and she doesn't know what's coming, I tried mediation and she declined it on Thursday so I will send the C100 from on tomorrow.

I just need to clarify a few other things as per my own thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parenting Plan - can you help? Frustr8ed 2 2,100 05-19-2018, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Frustr8ed
  Parenting Plan help NelsonGiga 0 1,148 10-31-2017, 08:38 PM
Last Post: NelsonGiga