Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep (Or Lack Of)
(02-14-2018, 05:41 PM)Mr Sandman Wrote: Rumination is your enemy, sitting around thinking about stuff, allows thoughts to fester and gather in dark places, they come out when you try to sleep. Literally keep yourself busy until you drop, whether its work, gym, insane dating frenzy or some new hobby. I'm struggling at the moment and I'm going to start some new things soon, and 'cranking'...... that sad combination of crying and wanking that accompanies an undesired separation.....

Cranking brilliant.  Big Grin
I was only getting two hours sleep a night after finding out all the crap I found out. Had a bit of a breakdown in front of the doctor who signed me off but wouldn't give me sleeping tablets in case I overdosed on them but did give me some antihistamine tablets that worked wonders. I was able to sleep for 4 - 8 hours a night then. I've still got some but am saving them for when I really need them as the divorce I started is turning nasty and if my sleep starts to suffer I'll use them again.
(02-17-2018, 04:47 PM)havingalaugh Wrote: I was only getting two hours sleep a night after finding out all the crap I found out. Had a bit of a breakdown in front of the doctor who signed me off but wouldn't give me sleeping tablets in case I overdosed on them but did give me some antihistamine tablets that worked wonders. I was able to sleep for 4 - 8 hours a night then. I've still got some but am saving them for when I really need them as the divorce I started is turning nasty and if my sleep starts to suffer I'll use them again.

antihistamine tablets are helping you sleep?
Yeah anit allergy tablets will work, Piriton. Good nights sleep but still feel pretty drowsy in the morning for a while. Nothing a strong coffee cant sort out.
(02-19-2018, 09:02 AM)Naive Wrote: Yeah anit allergy tablets will work, Piriton. Good nights sleep but still feel pretty drowsy in the morning for a while. Nothing a strong coffee cant sort out.

I didn't know that.  

And after the doctors gave me before christmas antidepressants to help me sleep.
Finally the whole experience and stress has caught up on me.
Took a big bout of vertigo and come close to fainting of several occasions while with my lad.

Saw the doc, no symptoms of stroke , or anything as major.
Blood test and ecg next week

Blood pressure was 161 /114
I started to take the pills again as dont wanna risk having a stroke due to this nightmare of courts n dont want the mother to end up with the kid ,that's my biggest fear.

I look fed to having my life bk.
I hear you, try to relax buddy, life is too short, got try enjoy what you can. It feels like I’m waiting to go to trial for a crime
Analysing parental alienation as a trauma

https://mensdivorce.com/parental-alienat...ign=buffer

This is likely what you are all experiencing
Get up at the same time every day.

Go to bed at the same time every day.

Exercise every day.

Turn off the tv and phone two hours before bed.

Don’t drink booze.

Don’t eat sugary or heavy foods.

Meditate. It’s easy and damned simple. Look on YouTube.

Remember a tired parent is possibly bad parent. Do everything you can and don’t treat it as low priority.
What he says ^^^

Cant stress this enough, when all this preys on your mind, have a plan and a vision, stop drinking coffee too, keep really busy, maintain a social life and reconnect with friends, read books (its a cliche but yes, self help books too), if and when you wake up in the night read a book or listen to a podcast. lots of useful stuff online about General Anxiety Disorder, learning some of this helped me.