Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don’t know my children’s address
Hi all,
So my ex has now found herself a house and has moved in today. She relocated the kids to the other side of the country so I’m moving to be closer to them.

I have asked for the address but she is refusing. I want this for 2 reasons...
1-to know where they live for emergencies
2-so I don’t end up living next door

What are my rights in knowing my own children’s home address and what can I say to get it?

Hope you can help me
(10-05-2017, 06:22 PM)Remembersilvers Wrote: Hi all,
So my ex has now found herself a house and has moved in today. She relocated the kids to the other side of the country so I’m moving to be closer to them.

I have asked for the address but she is refusing. I want this for 2 reasons...
1-to know where they live for emergencies
2-so I don’t end up living next door

What are my rights in knowing my own children’s home address and what can I say to get it?

Hope you can help me

You have no legal right to know the address, but as a person with PR you do have the right to know where the child attends school, and what Doctors the child is registed at.

In terms of Child Arrangments, your in a better place not knowing where they live, as you have a direct route to Court, to avoid the need for Mediation.

If you are not having contact, apply to Court on a C100, under "Whereabouts not known" rules. Your ex will be located by Police, HMRC, DVLA, Benefits Agency, NHS or any other Goverment or Local Authroity controled agency.

When located, she can either
a, disclose her address, so you can file your documents direct to her, but by doing this, she can also transfer the case to her nearest County Court (Juristriction would be the one for the area the child is currently located in).
b, she might just want to move the Court Hearing the case, where you would file papers and they would forward them
c, the case would carry on at your local court.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I found a guide on here for helping find someone's new address. It was great. Had an answer within 24 hours. It cost £75 though. There was a cheaper option if you didn't mind waiting a few days for the answer. Here's the article

http://www.separateddads.co.uk/how-do-i-...dress.html

I used this tracing agent. You need her address to send court papers apart from anything else. And this is much quicker than applying to court to find your kids new address.

http://www.mcatracing.co.uk/

They take the money upfront but if they don't find them you don't get charged. You click on "Trace request" in left box then fill out the form. Give as much detail as you can with postcodes etc (old addresses) and full names.
Thanks for the feedback on this.

It seems insane that as a father I have no legal right to know where my children live...but then a lot of this process feels insane.

I have another question I’m hoping someone can help me with.

My Ex moved over 2 hours away and at the beginning verbally agreed to meet me half way when I bring the kids home. I do the whole trip to pick them up.
However, so far she has been able to come up with an excuse every time as to why she can’t. This leaves me with a nearly 6 hour round trip on a Sunday evening.

Anything I can do? Is this another one for court intervention?
Have you found where they are living? Yes it should be made a legal requirement to inform the other parent where the kids live. I think the court can trace them for you but it should be a punishable offence.

Can't prove verbal agreements - and sounds like she no longer agrees. I would say it is for a court order. Either to get transport shared, or a change of schedule so you have less traveling.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wife ran away with both our children to unknown UK address. Don't know where to start Michael81 3 3,773 04-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Last Post: venares
  Children's address Mike5 2 4,588 08-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Mike5