Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts?
Not 100% sure where to put this....

We had my daughter over on Saturday, and she was playing lego with myself and my partner, she takes a blonde wig off a lego figure and puts a black haired wig on and says that its "wicked mummy" - now normally I would have asked more questions - but I didnt.

Anyone any experience of this?  Do I let it slide or do I challenge my ex about it?
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
me,....let it go...kids sometimes say daft stuff, and if we challenged everything they do , say or see, then they wont grow up rounded individuals..

Just my opinion
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
Do nothing. Kids say all sorts. I was freaked out at some scary pictures son drew recently - people with mouths open, sad faces - awful - but it was because he'd just watched a film with monsters in apparently! Keep listening though. Asking kids questions isn't good as it can put things in their heads or they can just not get it, but you could do the same game again and just say "what do you mean" or "what does that mean". She could just say she doesn't know. I also used to use bedtime as a time for chats. When he was relaxed at the end of the day, but would just say "how are things - anything bothering you?" Sometimes he would say no - and then a few minutes later a whole load of stuff would come pouring out. And then he'd feel better just for telling you. Usually it was a mix of being pushed over at school, having to do chores at his Mum's but occasionally something serious came out.
Do nothing... kids are kids and recognize that adults have different emotions and personalities depending on many factors
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
(10-13-2017, 08:57 AM)LTCDAD Wrote: Do nothing... kids are kids and recognize that adults have different emotions and personalities depending on many factors

Alternative meaning 
All kids think adults are D**ks and dont care, so long as I can play xbox/get pocket money/ complain the internet is slow blah blah..

Life was easier when I was a kid, I just wanted to race around on my chopper bike and only worried if I got home after the street lights went on!!
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.