Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parental rights...More advice if possible please......
Since my last post I have put the wheels in motion regarding access, met a solicitor etc. a couple of non related issues are holding back from contacting a mediator but it is on the horizon.

More recently however I discovered my ex, who's job requires her to leave the country is not telling me when she does so....hence I do not know who is looking after my Son, I am aware her new boyfriend has at least once.
Prior to him starting school & her new boyfriend coming more onto the scene I looked after him 90% of the time she left the country, often rescheduling my working arrangements.

I have been denied overnight access as he is tired from his new school regime (hence mediation) but asked if I could have him overnight during the holidays, I double checked his term dates & the school website mentioned its Parent Consultation Evenings....surely I have a right to attend events like this & be told about it as well as know who's care he is in???
(10-19-2017, 05:55 AM)stevo1969 Wrote: Since my last post I have put the wheels in motion regarding access, met a solicitor etc. a couple of non related issues are holding back from contacting a mediator but it is on the horizon.

More recently however I discovered my ex, who's job requires her to leave the country is not telling me when she does so....hence I do not know who is looking after my Son, I am aware her new boyfriend has at least once.
Prior to him starting school & her new boyfriend coming more onto the scene I looked after him 90% of the time she left the country, often rescheduling my working arrangements.

I have been denied overnight access as he is tired from his new school regime (hence mediation) but asked if I could have him overnight during the holidays, I double checked his term dates & the school website mentioned its Parent Consultation Evenings....surely I have a right to attend events like this & be told about it as well as know who's care he is in???

I would say yes to all of the above, with the school I understand they will be helpful or in my case not.   Write or email and tell your wife she is obliged to advise you of changes at school.

I have had numerous meetings with 3 headmasters at this school,  refusal to be included in letters, refusal to be put on the texting service, refusal to be sent the applications for school photos, school trips,  if I want daughter's school reports I have to give them self addressed envelopes and so it goes on...  They are finally coming round and a coupe of dads have acknowledged without my input they would not, although it does not mean I am popular on the school gate.

My thought is get into mediation ASAP and repeatedly ask for overnight access.  Once she has established that you are not the place to be when tired etc its hard to change back.

Ask her when she is going away and where your child is staying when she is away establish that she is refusing to tell you.    Others with more legal ground will be along to correct me but I dont think any of the above will do any harm...
(10-19-2017, 05:55 AM)stevo1969 Wrote: Since my last post I have put the wheels in motion regarding access, met a solicitor etc. a couple of non related issues are holding back from contacting a mediator but it is on the horizon.

On school days, a lot depends on what time the child can be collected, but where it suits the non resident parent, then like 4pm till 6pm is normal, or if you can show you was involved when a couple, you could have overnight. The Judge would have to decide on if its workable or not, not your ex.

Regardless of mid week contact, a court would give you half of what it considers to be quality time.  This is weekends and school holidays.

Therefore, you should be asking at mediation, and then in your Court Position Statement (you will be ordered to do one at the first hearing), for some mid week contact if you want it, and Friday pm till Sunday PM every 2 weeks.

Also, a week at Easter and Christmas, and 2 weeks plus another weekend/week in the Summer holidays.

If you are avalaible for half the school holidays what is 6.5 weeks a year, then you could tag on 2.5 days onto your weekend contact, at half terms.

In most cases, you will be in the 53-104 night bracket, what will give you a reduction in Child Support.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I am used to 2-3 nights every week! don't expect this to continue now he is at school but my main concern is the lack of communication regarding school & who is looking after him when his mother is out of the country.....surely that should be me unless decided otherwise.
(10-19-2017, 04:56 PM)stevo1969 Wrote: I am used to 2-3 nights every week! don't expect this to continue now he is at school but my main concern is the lack of communication regarding school & who is looking after him when his mother is out of the country.....surely that should be me unless decided otherwise.

Where a Child Arrangements Order exists, you have grounds to apply for a variation if she is using child care at times that you are about.

If no order exists, you have a strong case for shared care, if not residancy if she is often out of the UK.

If no Order Exists right now, and you have PR, you can remove the child from anyone except your ex, as you are on the Same Legal Standing. Only once an Order is made, stating your times, changes things.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need your advice on my rights as a father please bianworld 9 7,289 03-03-2020, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Advice - Child Access Rights Dell 3 5,870 10-29-2017, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Dell
  Parental Alienation- Advice please Missmyson 2 4,589 02-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Missmyson
  Advice Needed on Visiting Rights MarkW 1 3,419 12-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  What is required as part of parental rights Mikey 3 5,761 10-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Last Post: MarkR