Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I block my ex?
Hi

I have been separated from my children’s mother for two years and have an arrangement in place for seeing my children every other weekend. There is a set time for pickup and drop off

I’m in a relationship and my children’s mother is making things very difficult for me

My ex seems to want to message me late in the evenings to tell me things like my daughter has a cough, or she has an appointment for a flu jab which will take place when the child is with her

My girlfriend is getting a bit tired of seeing my phone light up at 9pm when we are out with friends to see that my ex has messaged me once again to tell me something that can’t wait until the next time I see her

I don’t need to know about every little cough or niggle - I trust as a parent she can deal with things like that herself. And if my children were so poorly or hurt that they needed urgent medical care she should be able to sort that out herself too with her new partner

My current thinking is that I should block my ex from messaging me because I don’t think talking to her will work - I have already told her twice that she shouldn’t be messaging me late at night

I’m thinking maybe email contact would be better to tell me things like school performance or if she needs to swap a weekend for contact

Does anyone else have any experience of this type of contact?

Thanks in advance
(10-21-2017, 11:51 AM)welshdad83 Wrote: Hi

I have been separated from my children’s mother for two years and have an arrangement in place for seeing my children every other weekend. There is a set time for pickup and drop off

I’m in a relationship and my children’s mother is making things very difficult for me

My ex seems to want to message me late in the evenings to tell me things like my daughter has a cough, or she has an appointment for a flu jab which will take place when the child is with her

My girlfriend is getting a bit tired of seeing my phone light up at 9pm when we are out with friends to see that my ex has messaged me once again to tell me something that can’t wait until the next time I see her

I don’t need to know about every little cough or niggle - I trust as a parent she can deal with things like that herself. And if my children were so poorly or hurt that they needed urgent medical care she should be able to sort that out herself too with her new partner

My current thinking is that I should block my ex from messaging me because I don’t think talking to her will work - I have already told her twice that she shouldn’t be messaging me late at night

I’m thinking maybe email contact would be better to tell me things like school performance or if she needs to swap a weekend for contact

Does anyone else have any experience of this type of contact?

Thanks in advance

At one point, my ex applied for a None Molestation Order me, what did not run on merit.

During that time, the Social Worker suggested we had a Handover Book, where anything to do with the childs Education or Medical needs is recorded in it. If she needed to change any dates, that could also go in it, so its documented.

That way, she should only be contacting you if its something that will happen before you next have the child.

To be fair, if you have PR, under the law she should be seeking your opinion and keeping you in the loop on Education and Medical things.

If you contact the school, you should find they have systems in place, where you can buy photos taken in school, have seperate parents night appointment and get newsletters by email etc. Just because your not the Resident Parent does not mean you can not go in, when parents are invited.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.