Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAFCASS & Police Report
I read on the CAFCASS site the following:

[*]Carry out checks with the police and local authority to find out whether there are any known safety or welfare risks to your children.

But what exactly do they check for?

I am known to the police but for stuff that has nothing to do with my ex and nothing to do with violence, some stuff was just questioning never charged or NFA...... and years old now.

Would this all come up and what would they do with the info?
Here is the link to the CAFCASS link which is their own handbook on what they check so have a look at it..

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source...jtQve1P5R3

Only you know exactly what you are known to the police for, so I hope that the handbook helps, but for now I can tell you that if you were questioned and never charged it will have no impact on you. Just by the by, it's a peculiarity of English law that you are innocent unless proven guilty but if you are charged but that case is dropped later, the charge is likely to still show up on your record. Strange.

What they do with the info is they report to the court on a bit of A4, 'police checks have been conducted and there is nothing of relevance.' or words to that effect. I imagine that would still be the case even if you were bound over for giving some james blunt a slap for grabbing your missus in the p*ssy in a bar 20 years ago when your were 18 and magistrates bound you over to keep the peace. Even if it isn't the case, I'd argue and Im sure you would too, that as a one off offence 20 years ago it's hardly relevant now! Unless you were smuggling cocaine in from the Caribbean in your Chatham Pocket I think you should relax. Smile
I have had this done (cost was 120 quid split between us), its basically ANY interaction or issue that has been reported to children services/police (they may ask the local authorities as well in this case).
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Thanks for the info guys....

Had the call and it seemed to go ok, she did bring up stuff but this was well over 20 years old but she was happy that it was not going to occur again, the one thing I don't agree with is the fact that it will be shown on the report! I don't see why as it is private and my business only.

Anyway to stop this from happening?
(11-06-2017, 05:09 PM)MrBiz Wrote: Thanks for the info guys....

Had the call and it seemed to go ok, she did bring up stuff but this was well over 20 years old but she was happy that it was not going to occur again, the one thing I don't agree with is the fact that it will be shown on the report! I don't see why as it is private and my business only.

Anyway to stop this from happening?

Unlikely.  They have to follow procedures carefully, and put the evidence that they based their report on.

If they didn't put it in there, and it were to come up later, the report could possibly be challenged on that basis.

Are you worried about the other party finding out?  CAFCASS reports and family court proceedings are strictly confidential.  If your ex starts blabbing about it she is in contempt of court.
(11-06-2017, 08:11 PM)marwood Wrote: Unlikely.  They have to follow procedures carefully, and put the evidence that they based their report on.

If they didn't put it in there, and it were to come up later, the report could possibly be challenged on that basis.

Are you worried about the other party finding out?  CAFCASS reports and family court proceedings are strictly confidential.  If your ex starts blabbing about it she is in contempt of court.

I don't have an issue with it being brought up more so what exactly the the content etc, it's so old now I'd rather it just not be shown to the ex mainly coz yeah she is a big mouth and would blab to my family who have no idea about what I got up to when I was a stupid younger me
Thanks for your comments, Sounds daunting considering you are only fighting for your rights! Wonder how they behave with the mother who creates all the problems.
Wouldn't be fighting for our children if we had done wrong! Very sad reading stories of how far Dads are pushed just to spend time with their precious children. The time it takes, and the pain of being denied!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CAFCASS awaiting report - feel sick oneilkb 7 1,137 12-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Last Post: MrJohn
  Cafcass report only been sent to the court sab1971 6 973 11-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual
  CAFCASS section 7 report dad44321 2 1,390 03-09-2017, 07:07 AM
Last Post: MarkR