Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
section 47 complaints??
hi guys, need some advice re complaints and what to do next.

il  outline my situation.
1) seperated with ex over 2 years ago
2) went through usual route, no contact, contact centre, phased home contact, final child arrangements order, enforcement order due to breach and then a variation of contact order . currently no proceedings

3)since re-enstating my contact, ive had several concerns for my sons well being which i have raised with the social services and they (as per reputation) been ignoring them each time.

4) 1st time i made a report my son had bruising to legs, a cut to thigh which i thought was strange and he was complaining of pain in his lower back . i rang social services emergency weekend team who werent interested and said unless its life and death it would have to wait till monday . so instead i rang the police on 101 and they sent out an officer who looked at injuries, refered it to child protection who logged it but done nothing. 3 weeks later, my son came to me with a severe burn on his palm, age 2 years old at this stage. again logged with police and social came to see him, ...they said it was consistent with mothers explanation given to me of him touching a hot iron (they ignored my concerns of what he was doing left alone near a hot iron unattended in first place). again brushed under carpet.
since this a few more marks/grazes /bruises which the mother would not explain when asked. i log date/time and pic of all injuries to protect myself so a few months later a few more had been noticed and it seemed to be quite frequent. so i rang NSPCC this time with my concerns as social services clearly didnt give a damn (hence reason why so many kids die due to their negligence) so i wasnt going to sit around and watch my son become another statistic. NSPCC referred it to social services as a safeguarding ....again no action taken..not even a vist to mother to ask why and how the injuries accured.
5) other thing concerning me is that every time i drop him off he screams and cries hysterically, indicating he is traumatised of going back. he picks up on the route back to mum and cries saying turn back i dont want to go. (again they dismiss this as normal behaviour as child enjoying his time with me) but he runs from his mum when coming to me and cries when he sees her clearly indicating he doesnt enjoy his time with her...why??
5) most recently my son had another burn on his hand (same hand). i took a pic and asked mother how it acurred (no reply). i rang nursery who said they had no knowlege of it and said the manager would be in touch.
6) so i took him to a walk in centre who referred me to a&e. once examined, and i explained that this wasnt the first burn /injury, and that i was concerned . the doctor refered it to social services/police child protection.
7) my son was kept in hospital 2 nights, (according to them till social decide what to do) they spoke to me and my son. although he didnt say mum had done it in front of them, he confirmed an iron was again involved. and also when asked what happened next he said that after burn mum smacked him twice. (i questioned why did she think its ok to smack him rather than comfort him and attend to it medically).
8) after he was discharged and sent home. i received a call from social services duty manager saying if you send him nursery monday tell nursery that his mother isnt to collect him until we have spoken to her to confirm what happened.
8) monday i decided not to take him nursery as he had a bit of temperature and been in 2 nights at hospital, he needed a rest. at 11.00 am i had another call from a rude cocky social worker demanding to know why i hadnt sent him nursery and that i must be seen as a matter of urgency. when i explained to her the other SW instructions , she said she would look into it. when she arrived at my house she said he denied giving me any instructions regarding mum shouldnt collect him. they again asked me a few questions and was told to drop my son of later that day.
9) no explanation given to me as to how my son sustained burn injury, other than saying, we have spoken to mother and you can drop him off. and they would be carrying out a section 47 enquiry.
10) i spoke to the nursery manager on the tuesday following weekend and was told the burn was not present on the friday so must have accured after he finished nursery that day, ( i wish i had recorded the call)
10) 10 days later , still no contact whatsoever from social worker, no explanation of what a section 47 enquiry was, what guidelines, my rights/procudures etc. so i decided to ring myself....and i had to ring them to find out there was a initial child protection conference taking place on xxx date/location. and that she would visit me with a copy of the report before conference to discuss.
11) the evening before conference i had to ring them again myself as a) she hadnt been to visit me at all since the first day or called and b) i had not received a copy of the report. (protocol and procedures state otherwise). i eventually got a call back from SW saying "she was off last week" and a copy of report will be posted through my door later that evening by a colleague who passes by my house after work.
12) had a brief look at report, and i was shocked to learn that she had ignored all the evidence and most of what i had said/what my son had said and it was a complete defamation of character purely based on what mother had said .
a) she made a lot of reference to the being previous alleged DV and linked that to my behaviour (but had she investigated properly, a police report proved she lied, i was not arrested at all) but she decided to over look this, only the two burns are mentioned in report and no other mention of any other injury. mentions that i made several reports to social servies which had no substance as they werent investigated ( in other words it was malicious)

the 47 report summed it up as the burns were due to a lack of supervision which mother owned up to which she credited her for being a positive thing!!  and that our child was at risk from emotional harm due to the animosity between us, again no reference made to evidence,, all based on what mother said. I make sure my communication is done via text to avoid my son being caught up in any arguments. (apparently ive been coaching my son to say things to mother aswell according to her). she went as far as stating that statistic show referalls from ex partners are not reliable, espicallly in cases like mine were there was alleged DV. yet she completely ignored fact and evidence that i was not arrested and my ex admitted DV allegations were not true it was a con to fast track the council house list.  also how can she say referalls are not reliable when there is evidence of all my concerns raised (just they ignored the evidence)

13) the report also reveals from mothers statement that injury was there friday morning, so when i questioned nursey manager at conference about mother saying ti was present fiday morning and her saying it wasnt she denied telling me that it wasnt there in morning and it occured after 1pm. saying they had no cause for concern and there was no restricted movement etc (but isnt it procedure to log all marks/injuries especially a burn and ask parent how they happened regardless? so they havent seen it and didnt log it.

14) the report revealed that she didnt seek medical attention for first burn until at least 3 days after injury, and non for second one (because "she had some burn cream in house and was running late so dropped him to nursery"

15) the nursery knowing they messed up and trying to dig themselves out of hole, they put heat on me and said i was irate and intimidating when asking about burn but i was concerned to ask as any father would be. Also they made a reference to an "heated exchange" between myself and maternal aunt outside nursery one day, which again if investigated by SW would have revealed that i almost got attacked and i reported it to police aswell as harassment.

16) the SW alleged that i was caught telling my son what to say at the hospital, but again shockingly no elaboration as to what /by who/evidence and that was the first i learnt of this, yet she makes a serious allegation which is a lie again defamation of character.

15) so when assessing the risk of significant harm, they said "we cant take first burn into account as although it was reported, no action was taken (i said if it had then the second could have been prevented), and SW couldnt comment as she wasnt acting on case. the second burn was superficial so no significant risk of harm? yet there is a clear indication highlight lack of supervision for a child to be burnt twice in a year by an iron. and all the other injuries again put down do accidental trips/falls/knocks (no questions asked. not investigated). Instead they decided to put my son on a child protection plan due to significant risk of emotional harm due to the animosity between parents. (which if investigated properly all allegations were false with no proof, or proven to be false.

i need some advice as to how to proceed next. i want to make a complaint to social services and HCPC regarding the conduct of the social worker and also the SS conduct as a whole. i want at the very least the report corrected to include facts and remove the false allegations and bias opinions of SW and defamation of character.

please advice, thanks in advance
Hi,

I don't have any answers for you, sorry. All I can tell you is that you are not alone in this kind of response from social services and CAFCASS. I'm facing exactly the same treatment from them for being a concerned father, there are other members on this forum that echo what you are experiencing. I believe that falsely using DV/DA allegations should be met with due punitive measures by the courts.

Perhaps get everything from the SS in email in future, immediately write to the social worker following any phone call had with them setting out your understanding of the conversation maybe? Others might have a better idea of how this could be dealt with. I make sure I get everything in writing. While dealing with pretty tricky CAFCASS workers, I email them and cc the court so the judge gets a copy of the correspondence. 

It's very sad that a concerned parent has to weigh up the decision to act to protect their child against the possibility that they may lose normal meaningful contact with them if they do. The SW are a bunch of slippery c*nts in this matter, on one hand saying that you demonstrated a failure to act if you don't attempt to introduce safeguarding measures and on the other hand saying that you are causing emotional harm to your child if you do. In the meantime it seems commonplace that SW will lie and withhold evidence in order to protect the mother over the wellbeing of the child.

J
mr john you are absolutely right, cafcass and SS are corrupt no end. I know cafcass now setup an online message facility, however, so far i have not been able to get email address of the SW involved but will ask next time

quick update. they arranged another meeting to discuss the child protection plan, and guess what,...everyone was present except for the people that arranged it i.e the social workers. i took a day off work to attend and they couldnt be bothered to even notify me that it was cancelled or maybe they just forgot to turn up!. either way, i made several calls the SW who booked meeting, she didnt answer and the switchboard had no knowledge of it. No surprise really considering they were ranked as inadequate for 5 years in a row by ofsted.

i have learnt that next time i will tell them that i plan to record any conversations, if they refuse , i will tell them to leave and arrange a meeting in an environment that is either recorded or with an independant minute taker , they cannot be trusted otherwise.

i wrote up a detailed complaint and analised the section 47 report page by page pointing out the misrepresentation of information, the false accusations, the defamation of character and the deliberate ignoring of evidence and not to mention the bias opinions. the social worker even went to the extent of referring to my gender and religion in her conclusion statements and referring it to the abuse and therefore also the emotional risk to my son ....but the abuse didnt exist so she god knows what she based that on!

I went and saw my MP who asked me to forward my complaint it to her and she will be writing to SServices and I hope to get an independent review of my case.

They try to make these reports all sound damming in the hope that any father would back off so they have less work to do , but i refuse to sit back and watch my son become another statistic like baby P and keano williams did (may their little souls RIP)

i will wait and see what the complaint brings then next step for me is to expose their incompetance by contacting the papers.
I raised concerns over the fact my ex strangled our son and they said they completed a section 47 report, our son then ran away from her shortly after due to being assaulted again and he pressed charges on that evening. She was asked in for a volentary interview and got away with it claiming self defence. The social worker has since now left the service and we have been appointed a new one causing yet more delays for a new section 7 with the court as the last was full of lies.
Good on you for pursuing this and complaining. Im a social worker and had the same . Poor assessments being carried out etc.. finally they apologised in writing and amended the inaccuracies n added fact based info. But it was 7months too late as cafcass went on referred on the previous incorrect report . Cafcass ,,social are blinded by thier own incompetence. Always challenge what is not correct . Its frustrating knowing ill practices continue n bias nature of child proceedings..good luck.
asd1270 thanks. i will never give up

i have made a formal written complaint and via my mp and ask for it to be dealt with by independant complaints team due to conflict of interest

as far as the child protection plan goes ...they suggested a communication diary as a solution even though there was no issue of communication....other than mother not telling me how my son was gettin hurt

and the second fob off was that to adress my son crying hysterically upon return to mother (indicating he is traumatised for a reason) more than a tantrum..he wont get dressed or sit in case if he senses its time to go back, he picks up on the route and starts crying and wrigling like a fish taken out of water......clearly not normal

so they said...get a calender, coolour in days when hes with you in one colour and when with mother another colour
help him understand....i said its patching over cracks..why not find out why he is traumatised of going back

tried their "boj" solution and as soon as i went to put yellow sticker on for mums days he got upset and wanted to peel it off saying i dont want to go to mums

i told the sw at the review but he said...well kids cry, sometimes you have to let them cry and let them know they cant have it their way.....

so hes crying because hes traumatised of going back but he said let him cry....in other words let him suffer

The sw gets paid regardless, its just a formality to show hes being pro active
no consequences for him
shocking
Continue recording everything, make a chronology of events.
I am still chasing up the inaccuracies in the Cafcass report, both in the Sec 7 and addendum Report.Clearly they like to leave out fact based info.

I guess they forgot I work in this field and not some parent who doesn't know better.
Even the courts totally messed up with the final order with inaccuracies in it and im having to sort that out at in a costly way.

All ive learned from this is nobody is really interested in the childs wellbeing. they say stay child focused and they fail to do that them selves.

The only time their is rapid progress is when u decide to wear a dress. I hate using gender but its shocking how u can ignore the same concerns that warrants concerns of safeguarding when its raised by a father.

Total shambles.
They system and the law is seriously failing these children and placing them at harm.
Good luck with the complaints and ensuring your child is safe.
(01-08-2018, 04:55 AM)asd1270 Wrote: Continue recording everything, make a chronology of events.
I am still chasing up the inaccuracies in the Cafcass report, both in the Sec 7 and addendum Report.Clearly they like to leave out fact based info.

I guess they forgot I work in this field and not some parent who doesn't know better.
Even the courts totally messed up with the final order with inaccuracies in it and im having to sort that out at in a costly way.

All ive learned from this is nobody is really interested in the childs wellbeing. they  say stay child focused and they fail to do that them selves.

The only time their is rapid progress is when u decide to wear a dress. I hate using gender  but its shocking how u can ignore the same concerns that  warrants concerns of safeguarding  when its raised by a father.

Total shambles.
They system and the law is seriously failing these children and placing them at harm.
Good luck with the complaints and ensuring your child is safe.

you are absolutely right

Its more unfortunate for my son that he is in the watchful eye (lol) of sandwell social services which as you know from the news they have been ranked as inadequate by ofted year on year since 2012 so what hope is there?.

There is a gender biased, the social worker who done the report was a woman, and made several references to DV to make me look bad based on stereo types of abusive partners but ignored the fact there was a police report showing i wasnt arrested or even interviewed for DV because my ex partner was interviewed again in the police station due to her story not adding up, and this time she was cornered and admitted " i called the police because i thought you would give me a house."
This proves she lied to manipulate the system to fast track the council house list but was overlooked. Yet they tried to say i was manipulative and malicious and using the injuries to get at my ex ? but the fact is any concerned father would be doing the same especially if their child has 2 burns and 17 injuries in 21 months, although most of these i have only pictured and logged as a record in case my ex tried to pin them on me. They can be put down to a young child being clumsy according to them, but they ignored the frequency and repetitiveness of the injuries. they said i was fixated but i havent called to report every single small bruise or mark, and when my son is hurt i have a duty to get him checked by a medical professional.
the social worker made references to reports from separated parents statistically not being reliable but ignored the fact that i had dates/times/pics of all the injuries mentioned (which were not asked for) so how can it not be reliable.
she mentioned that i was not letting my ex move on...but had she come and spoke to me i could have proved with call log screen shots that my ex has been pestering me with prank calls and sending texts telling me she loves me....again turned a blind eye and made it sound the opposite

i have been logging everything but these organisations or too good at being corrupt and getting away with it.
fact is there are no consequences for social workers who are corrupt or deliberatley ingore concerns and let kids die whilst being known to them. they get paid regardless, there is no prison sentence and they keep their job and they go home to their kids that are save, at most a verbal/written warning and a letter of apology to parent. and "lessons learnt".

its been 5 weeks since i sent my complaint off via my mp. should i chase it up as i havent heard anything or do you think its been binned?
Bimma. Oh Dear Sandwell SS, been their and left YES pls continue to chase it up. As getting the information recorded on file is important. I am very fortunate to know what to access when such things become so screwed up.

Have you asked for records., you can completed a FIO form to access your child's records on file at Social Services,
I had to do that and it took them over 4 months ,which should normally take around 4 weeks. They was a lot of information missing which is still being questioned.

Also get police records too it all helps. again this can be done through their access to records FOI.

Again record everything. I have used my phone and other recording devices when I was getting assaulted by my ex.
but even with the transcripts of the abuse it was brushed aside by all professionals, As if the DV never happened.

Reporting each concern is a must. even if its through email to the Early help team. This way you have all records logged and ask them for a receipt of the email.

I am sorry to say that yes dads get treated differently.
(01-08-2018, 12:05 PM)asd1270 Wrote: Bimma. Oh Dear Sandwell SS, been their and left YES pls continue to chase it up. As getting the information recorded on file is important. I am very fortunate to know what to access when such things become so screwed up.

Have you asked for records., you can completed a FIO form to access your child's records on file at Social Services,
I had to do that and it took them over 4 months ,which should normally take around 4 weeks. They was a lot of information missing which is still being questioned.

Also get police records too it all helps. again this can be done through their access to records FOI.

Again record everything. I have used my phone and other recording devices when I was getting assaulted by my ex.
but even with the transcripts of the abuse it was brushed aside by all professionals, As if  the DV never happened.

Reporting each concern is a must. even if its through email to the Early help team. This way you have all records logged and ask them for a receipt of the email.

I am sorry to say that yes dads get treated differently.

hi

thanks for the prompt replies and helpful feedback
i havent asked for the records from police or childrens services
can you point me in the right direct please as to how i would do that.  its west mids police and sandwell SS....i have PR as im on birth certificate but this time when i went to court the judge gave me a PR order because my ex had given me false doctors details to send me on a wild goose chase so this time he said shes got 7 days to give me doc details and also made a PR order.

i have been putting my phone on voice record at meetings although i know it cant be used in court as evidence if they dont agree to it

i have asked SW for his email so i can send him a copy of the Police report and previous section 7 report to clarify but he said il get a copy of you when i visit and didnt ask for them....i got the impression he was fobbing me off.  he then went on top say,,,,lets draw a line under the past and not dwell on it....but i told him the past is why we are here the past 2 burns is why we are here. so you need to know the truth and facts about the past to make the correct decisions going forward. he just nodded his head as if tho so what.

i already have a bad experience of the "not recording" because the weekend my son was at hospital for the burn..the doctors kept him in for safety and werent sure what to do so it was just a measure until someone with authority made a decision. anyway that sunday i had a call from SW on EDT team saying on the monday if i drop my son to nursery i must ensure mother doesnt collect him  but there was no way i could ensure that because if the mother turned up to collect him i refused there was nothing i could do without written proof....so i asked is it necessary to drop him (not law) he said its up to you. on the monday i decided to keep him home as he didnt sleep properly on the weekend and i had the SW (who made section 47 report) questioning on phone why i didnt take him to nursery quite abruptly, i explained to her what her colleage had said and asked her to confirm with him. when she came to my house she said he only said its up to if you want to drop him to nursery....nothing about mother not collecting him, both covered it up to make me look like a liar

i have asked the current SW to record a meeting and he was very defensive saying i will need to talk to my legal team who will talk to you legal team to get boundaries etc....i said i dont have a legal team, my case is closed with courts i ask a solicitor as and when i need to. i said i want to record it because of your colleagues actions and i have been told that as long as i inform you then i can record the meeting. he refused .
the meeting still went ahead so i said to him if im not happy with what you are saying or asking im going to end the meeting.