Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please
Hi

I am currently living apart from my wife and our 3 young boys. I am being treated for depression following a recent overdose 2 weeks ago and my wife left the day after. Despite accepting the problem and ongoing treatment and trying to save our marriage, my wife does not want to go on. I am fighting to get well for myself and my boys, but I have been asked by my wife to either sell our house or move out. I cannot mentally cope with moving house, I have no family and nowhere else to live. I need to provide a stable home for my boys. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
(11-04-2017, 08:34 AM)Sdj66 Wrote: Hi

I am currently living apart from my wife and our 3 young boys. I am being treated for depression following a recent overdose 2 weeks ago and my wife left the day after. Despite accepting the problem and ongoing treatment and trying to save our marriage, my wife does not want to go on. I am fighting to get well for myself and my boys, but I have been asked by my wife to either sell our house or move out. I cannot mentally cope with moving house, I have no family and nowhere else to live. I need to provide a stable home for my boys. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

The only way she can force you to move out is if she was to obtain a Court Order, what would only be if she got a Restraining or None Molestation Order. As long as you keep the peace, she will not get one.

Is the House in both names?
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Yes the house is in both names.
My depression has hurt her and I’m worried she will use that against me.

Thank you for the reply
Hi pd. You said it. .. need to fight this depression for yourself and your boys....fix you and stay strong for your boys....they need there dad. If feeling low just think of a nice time you had with them somthing that will make you smile and battle on...depression is a hard thing creeps up on you then bamm...but you can beat that...I run to keep my head clear....helps me alot or I would have been in deep depression along time ago....as for somewhere to stay if your names on the house no reason why you can't stay there....look through posts on here so much good advice and one thing you see alot is to stay at home. Try and sort YOURSELF out be there for your kids then start thinking about the future...I'm sorry I don't have the advice you need..(new to this sepertion business ) but I think talking on here will help you and it's a great start...so many good post on here to help and advise you on your needs...good luck bro and I'm always here to talk if you need it
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply, spent most of the night with paramedics. Was coping ok, but met my 2 youngest boys and my wife at our local park yesterday. Went well but broke down on the way home. Paramedics and crisis team want me in hospital, but I can’t leave my home. Have no immediate family so it is a bit of a task staying focussed. I think I might just throw in the towel and go into hospital, I think it’s the safest place for me.

Thanks again
Hi sd....sounds like you've had a rough night...only you in your mind will no what's right for you I suppose....if you think it will help you and is the safest place for you then you shold do that....don't think it is throwing in the towel...you need to fix your for your boys and if hospital is the place to do that then that's good...you stay safe bro and get fixed and then fight for your boys....your love for them will get you through this I'm sure of that.