Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex taken child and disappeared
Simple outline:

* Joint residence ordered by Court. Social services last involved over 12 months ago. No current social workers.

* Residence been working adequately for couple of years

* Just before half-term, 4 year old returned to Nursery as per arrangement

* A week later, 4 year old was not at ex's flat, nor was ex - flat appeared cleared of furniture.

* Police confirm child is "safe"

Just made application to court for enforcement

But suspect ex (who is Muslim) has gone to stay permanently with our son with her brothers family which is 4 hours away by road.

What can I do? What are my prospects?

Thank you. I am desperate.
(11-04-2017, 11:40 PM)brucehawsker Wrote: Simple outline:

* Joint residence ordered by Court. Social services last involved over 12 months ago. No current social workers.

* Residence been working adequately for couple of years

* Just before half-term, 4 year old returned to Nursery as per arrangement

* A week later, 4 year old was not at ex's flat, nor was ex - flat appeared cleared of furniture.

* Police confirm child is "safe"

Just made application to court for enforcement

But suspect ex (who is Muslim) has gone to stay permanently with our son with her brothers family which is 4 hours away by road.

What can I do? What are my prospects?

Thank you. I am desperate.

Depending on why SS was involved, it might be that you should seek a variation of the Order, so the child now lives with you, due to her not following the Courts decision on shared care.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Sadly SS bowed out over a year ago - their involvement was for an initial 12 months - and now do not want to know.

Still need HELP please, please.
Assume from that, that social services were not involved because of any complaints about you so no issues there. I am not an expert so not sure if you could apply for an emergency order or not. If you need to trace their whereabouts, a search company can have results in about 24 hours. Costs about £75. Cheaper if you can wait a few days. Can you contact her mobile or by email? And ask her? Even if she doesn't reply, you would have the copy of the email you sent which could be useful evidence if applying to court. Polite and formal though. So you could email her saying - you have been to her flat and noticed it is empty and wish to know where she has moved with daughter, and ask how this will work with the shared residence order, and to please get in contact.

If the Police say she is safe, then not much point calling social services. I agree about applying for a change of residence as the shared residence order not being complied with. And specify your concern about the stress and emotional effect on your daughter at suddenly being moved and not seeing you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mother's disappeared aboard superdaddy 10 845 05-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Last Post: superdaddy
  ex has disappeared with kids Jox 3 4,116 04-26-2016, 03:11 PM
Last Post: MarkR