Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It seemed like a good idea....
I've just offered to help my local Beavers group.

The current leader is leaving and it's going to close! And my girlfriends son goes to the one where they live and it's the highlight of his week. A couple of hours of my time seem like a small price.

I'm never going to get the PVA glue and glitter out of my work trousers am I?
i think throwing yourself into something to keep distracted and regular 'milestones' is really good idea

You learn a lot about yourself through separating with kids and i reckon many of us come out the other end a better person... giving little back to part of the community helps understand in a positive way, who you were and who you can be
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
(11-13-2017, 12:41 PM)LTCDAD Wrote: i think throwing yourself into something to keep distracted and regular 'milestones' is really good idea

You learn a lot about yourself through separating with kids and i reckon many of us come out the other end a better person... giving  little back to part of the community helps understand in a positive way, who you were and who you can be

It's the community aspect that stuck a cord - if it closes then it's never going to re-open and so will be gone for good. Plus I believe that things like this are excellent for helping kids learn and develop social skills.

And like I said - it's a couple of hours a week. It seems like a worthwhile cause.
Nice one pete.....my boy goes to the beavers and enjoys it....think it would be a good idea...and helping the community is a good thing to do. Well done you
Just had the word - I'm in.

We're all meeting up on Monday to discuss it. Rather promisingly we're doing it at the pub.
(11-21-2017, 02:56 PM)Petem Wrote: Just had the word - I'm in.

We're all meeting up on Monday to discuss it. Rather promisingly we're doing it at the pub.

Well done mate. I don't have the best view of the Beavers as my older brother got the boot for being a waste of space and I was tarred with the same brush and barred!!!! For the record, we are two completely different people, so their decision was baseless.

The pub's always a good starting point, tho - hopefully said Beavers won't be in there downing pints with you!!!
(11-23-2017, 02:43 PM)AKentishMan Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 02:56 PM)Petem Wrote: Just had the word - I'm in.

Well done mate. I don't have the best view of the Beavers as my older brother got the boot for being a waste of space and I was tarred with the same brush and barred!!!! For the record, we are two completely different people, so their decision was baseless.

The pub's always a good starting point, tho - hopefully said Beavers won't be in there downing pints with you!!!

I went to Boys Brigade. I wasn't even cool enough for the Scouts...