Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas?
(11-30-2017, 04:21 AM)martinrachel Wrote: Its been so shameful.. Where else she would run to other than her daughter?

This is my point exactly, along with the point of my (female) work colleagues, my Mum (predictably) and even mutual friends who are on the fence - I have no problem with the ex and I sleeping in separate beds, but both being there in the morning when our daughter wakes up to revel in the Christmas magic, but my ex is adamant that she doesn't want to 'play happy families'.

Every single member from both sides of our family know the situation, so would steer well clear and not expect us to entertain anyone on the day, so it's not like there will be anybody else for us to have put the 'happy families' show on for. It will literally be the three of us.

My thinking is that the ex has got a barnstormer of a night out planned on Christmas Eve, or she'll be in the arms of the other fella (if he exists, which I am beginning to doubt), as those are the only two logical reasons that I could think that she would want to be away from her own daughter on Christmas morning.

But either reason is, I agree, utterly shameful.
Sooooo, after a successful Mediation session yesterday, my ex has agreed to staying at home with our daughter and I on Christmas Eve!

Which means our daughter will wake up with both parents on Christmas morning!

The downside is that my ex still wants to spend part of the day with her Mum, so she'll leave to do that at around 11AM, but in order to minimize the heartache for our daughter, I'll be taking her to my parents for the rest of the day.

My ex will then come to my parent's place for around 6ish, to collect our daughter and take her back down to my ex's Mum's place ready for their traditional Boxing Day celebration.

So, it's not the best situation - I was hoping for the three of us to have the whole day together - but it's shown me that perhaps my ex isn't quite as selfish as first thought either.

The BIG bonus is that our daughter still gets that little bit of Christmas magic with the both of us on the 25th.

So yeah, very happy!
I have my daughter on 24th for about six hours, which is a bonus for me if I am honest and I am so looking forward to it.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
i am meant to have our kids xmas , I have a court order as well. she has from today stopped all contact for no reason and took kids out of school to stop me collecting them. xmas day is looking bleak and also said she been advised to stop all contact until after xmas. even though I have court order theres nothing I can do about it. if I knock on door just get accusations thrown at me. she is taking me to court as well on a load of false allegations yet I already have court order .. incredible
(12-05-2017, 03:26 PM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: I have my daughter on 24th for about six hours, which is a bonus for me if I am honest and I am so looking forward to it.

Yeah, that's awesome man - I hope you do enjoy it. I know that this will be my final Christmas with all of us waking up under the same roof, so I'm going to enjoy the f**k out of it.

(12-05-2017, 05:12 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: i am meant to have our kids xmas , I have a court order as well. she has from today stopped all contact for no reason and took kids out of school to stop me collecting them. xmas day is looking bleak and also said she been advised to stop all contact until after xmas. even though I have court order theres nothing I can do about it. if I knock on door just get accusations thrown at me. she is taking me to court as well on a load of false allegations yet I already have court order .. incredible

Ah, dude, I am so sorry to hear that...who has given her this advice? And have you not taken advice yourself on this matter?
Nobody has given her advice, its poor advice. I cant do nothing until we are in court January 3rd. Kept kids off school today and will probably do this Friday as well and next Tuesday. May phone social services if she does it Friday and next Tuesday and see what they think of this as its end of school term soon.
(12-05-2017, 03:14 PM)AKentishMan Wrote: Sooooo, after a successful Mediation session yesterday, my ex has agreed to staying at home with our daughter and I on Christmas Eve!

Which means our daughter will wake up with both parents on Christmas morning!

The downside is that my ex still wants to spend part of the day with her Mum, so she'll leave to do that at around 11AM, but in order to minimize the heartache for our daughter, I'll be taking her to my parents for the rest of the day.

My ex will then come to my parent's place for around 6ish, to collect our daughter and take her back down to my ex's Mum's place ready for their traditional Boxing Day celebration.

So, it's not the best situation - I was hoping for the three of us to have the whole day together - but it's shown me that perhaps my ex isn't quite as selfish as first thought either.

The BIG bonus is that our daughter still gets that little bit of Christmas magic with the both of us on the 25th.

So yeah, very happy!

Nice one my friend. Its almost heartbreaking that you kinda know this is it for her having her parents together at Christmas, and so young. All you can do is make the absolute most of it, cherish every thing that she does and says, and bookmark the videos of your day for dipping into in 20 years time for her. I'm pleased for you