Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May have created a sticky situ any advice
Hi guys,
Great to meet everyone.

So I was hoping someone could advise me.

I was Islamically married to my ex wife (she’s a British citizen via birth) and I am originally from Pakistan for a decade. We have two daughters. A 7 year old and a 4 year old.

From the word go the marriage wasn’t perfect and to cut a long story short when she asked for a divorce I dragged it out to the extent that I made them grovel and beg for it. She most probably claims I made her feel worthless.
Anyhow, I told her at the time of the divorce (we were not married by british law) that if she remarried she can’t have the kids. Her british based family would need to look after them.

Fast forward 2 years and she’s remarried a british man who lives in the middle east. She’s told me she’s taking the girls with her.
He’s a well educated man with a top job. He’s putting the girls into a proper posh private school that feeds into ‘ivy league colleges’ whatever that means.

I’ve said I won’t let them take the children. They’ve offered to pay for the girls to visit me twice a year when the girls are on school holidays and I can visit as I can.

They are offering a nice package but i don’t want to allow them to go because they are my daughters and he is frm a different culture.

What are the chances of me stopping them?

My daughters have both told me they want to stay with their mother and live with her.
What I should add is the following:

I do see the girls regulary. My children have asked for less contact with me to my face. I thought there mum was behind it but the school confirmed it was my oldest that said it and it was in connection to the fact i control their school activities (i wont let her join dance etc).

I also support financially however i’ve been doing it via paying bills directly or giving cash over.
I’ve majorly slagged her off behind her back and I know she now knows.

I took my oldest daughter to Pakistan without consulting her mother first. I booked the tickets and told her I had permission from the school which was a lie. The school later called to ask when my daughter would be back. Their mother was told by the school i did not seek their permission.

My family live in a bustling part of pakistan and my daughter didn’t want to go and when she returned she told the school she didn’t like it. She may have mentioned that i forced her.

Also, there is somewhat of a family fued in pakistan and it has actually cost the life of three of my family members so far (uncle/aunt/cousin). So the ex how thinks it's dangerous for the girls to go because they could be used/kidnapped/murdered. 

My question is if I apply to stop my kids from going abraod to the middle east to live there will any of the above mean the judge will reject the case as it’s been mentioned that the girls mother doesn’t think it’s safe for my girls to go pakistan with me (due to the feud) and poor services in the area (e.g. sanitation). I believe she now thinks I’m a flight risk as I took the oldest before and she’s now worried i will do it again because i said she needs to hand them over and I will bring them up in pakistan.

I’ve been told by a friend it will cost a fortune because both girls have said they want their mother, she’s a model citizen with a good educational background and so does he.

They've said that I don't need to pay towards them in the middle east as they are moving them there so do not expect me to pay the high school costs etc.

I work long hours on the taxi and don’t do much else (unlike the ex who was socially busy and did charity work and built her own career etc). My friend said I can get a reference from the local imam that I’m a good dad.
Perhaps I’m just sour over her doing better than me. But I don’t know what to do.

I don’t have any direct family in the UK so if I wanted the kids to stay with me I’d only be able to work when they were at school. Would that effect me?

I'll be seeking legal advice of course but before I go to a solicitor I was hoping for some info on here to make me feel better about the situ. 

Thanks for all the input, 

Thanks guys.
Khan (tribe name, not real name)
Just adding that I've been told by one solicitor (but to be honest I don't think he's right it seems a bit harsh) that my ex can apply for an order to take the kids out of the UK permanently and its likely to get granted cos she's still in the old family home and she's a good person and both her and that man have links to the UK (hes british too).

Any reassurance? I plan to not give permission to her to take them but the solicitor I contacted said I would be foolish as they are offering the kids a good life and will even pay to send them England twice a year which some dads don't even get here in the uk. He also said I could be looking at a huge bill too.

Any reassurance before I contact more solicitors?
Anyone?
Guys? Can she take the girls even if I'm listed on the birth certificate? And I financially contribute and see the girls a lot? 

I was told a judge would consider the girls feelings and ask them for a testimony. If that happens my girls will ask to live with her and not me. 

Can I stop her?
(12-23-2017, 09:08 AM)NameisKhan86 Wrote: Guys? Can she take the girls even if I'm listed on the birth certificate? And I financially contribute and see the girls a lot? 

I was told a judge would consider the girls feelings and ask them for a testimony. If that happens my girls will ask to live with her and not me. 

Can I stop her?

I don't think you'll be able to stop her, the solicitor is correct, the court is likely to allow her to leave with the children.