Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indirect contact resource - Parental Alienation
I'm currently trying to keep contact with my three kids, despite my ex's best efforts.

However I've found this guide on how to do it. It's actually written by CAFCASS themselves, so I'm hoping that'll hold me in good stead when they find out I've been following their own advice.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source...Fno_fS3evf
Hi. I think the guide is intended for court ordered indirect contact - eg when a Father doesn't see the child often and the court orders indirect contact. I don't see why you sholdn't send your kids the odd thing, but she will probably block it or intercept it and I doubt she would allow phone calls. I'm not sure on the legal position if it isn't court ordered - I wouldn't think it's a problem but you'd have to be careful she doesn't accuse you of harrassment or something. I would focus on getting an interim hearing underway to get full contact ordered. Any progress with your application? Is she allowing no contact at all?
Nothing. I haven't heard a peep from any of my kids for a month now. I message them every day, but not a single response.

I know that it's being monitored though, as I can see that it's viewed at times when the kids are at school or in bed. I honestly don't think the kids even get to see the messages.

So that's why I'm using this guide. Because it keeps me whiter than white. There can't be any argument that I'm trying to intimidate or harass the children, both of which I've been accused before of doing.

So I'm doing it by the book, rules written by the people who make the rules.
Sounds like you need to get your application in asap.
(11-21-2017, 02:50 PM)Petem Wrote: I'm currently trying to keep contact with my three kids, despite my ex's best efforts.

However I've found this guide on how to do it. It's actually written by CAFCASS themselves, so I'm hoping that'll hold me in good stead when they find out I've been following their own advice.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source...Fno_fS3evf

pete how come you have indirect contact? dose that mean you not see kids at all?
As it stands, I have zero contact with my three children, who are all primary school aged. I haven't seen my eldest son since September, or my younger son or daughter since 21st October. I've had neither direct (face to face) , or indirect contact (facetime, phonecalls, letters etc).

That's not strictly true. My kids have a Facebook messenger account which we used to keep in touch through. I send them a message each day, asking what they're up to, the things that I'm doing, and short videos of me just saying things like hi, telling them jokes and the like.

I haven't had a response since October 27th. I can see that the messages have been viewed, but I have no idea who by. In all honesty though, I don't think it's by the kids.

But each day I send them anyway. What else can I do?
That sucks pete.... keep sending them. Even if one gets to your kids before your x gets her hands on it.... will be worth it.
Thanks Scott,

It's that same thing though - if I don't keep trying to get in touch, my ex will say I don't care about our children. But too much and I'll be harassing them.

So it's a message a day, about something general - pictures from the new Star Wars film, things to do with school, stuff like that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on indirect contact samim1919 0 269 10-25-2019, 10:39 PM
Last Post: samim1919
  Parental Alienation Sb1353 8 1,192 09-20-2019, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Sb1353
  Parental Responsibility & Contact DaisyDad2016 1 880 11-16-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Dealing with a Paranoid ex and Parental Alienation HMP66 0 737 08-22-2018, 03:46 PM
Last Post: HMP66
  Survey on indirect contact only Hazy 0 603 08-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  The new head of Family Law and Parental Alienation Hazy 3 1,426 06-27-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Useful (we hope) resource: Sample Separation Agreement Separated Dads 1 930 04-17-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Mr Sandman
  Hmmm.... PMDD - Parental Alienation - Correlation anyone ? herewegoagain 1 1,169 03-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Dealing with being the target of parental alienation SF79 10 5,200 03-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  High Court Judge Stephen Wildblood on Parental Alienation Hazy 1 1,844 10-29-2017, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Chi21965