Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
illegal deed poll
I have PR so I contacted school admissions to gain access to my son's academic records but they couldn't find him on their system.  So I gave them my exes new married surname, and surprise surprise, after being told early September in court that she couldn't change my son's surname without my consent, she still submitted a "deed poll" to the school's admissions board stating that I didn't have PR and admissions have changed my son's details on their records!

They are now looking into this.

Has anyone been through this?

I have emailed court and told them.

On the order it says "no person should cause the child to be known by a new surname without the written consent of everyone with parental responsibility".  Which she has done.

My son has her maiden name legally.  It would be nice if he could have my surname which is also that of his baby half sister.   Especially as he lives with a strange man he has been told to call "daddy" along with his mother and sister from his mother's new relationship.
(11-22-2017, 12:35 AM)nibblar Wrote: I have PR so I contacted school admissions to gain access to my son's academic records but they couldn't find him on their system.  So I gave them my exes new married surname, and surprise surprise, after being told early September in court that she couldn't change my son's surname without my consent, she still submitted a "deed poll" to the school's admissions board stating that I didn't have PR and admissions have changed my son's details on their records!

They are now looking into this.

Has anyone been through this?

I have emailed court and told them.

On the order it says "no person should cause the child to be known by a new surname without the written consent of everyone with parental responsibility".  Which she has done.

My son has her maiden name legally.  It would be nice if he could have my surname which is also that of his baby half sister.   Especially as he lives with a strange man he has been told to call "daddy" along with his mother and sister from his mother's new relationship.

You need to file a C79 at Court, Application for Enforcement.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.