Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I allowed to go to my son's school play?
I am trying to find out which school my son attends.  If I can find out in time for his first nativity, I would like to attend this. 

I have indirect contact at the moment and have been writing him letters but "some form of direct contact" as per the court order should be starting in December.

Can the school or my ex stop me from attending my son's nativity?  It just seems like a really special thing that I should be there for, even if I don't go and speak to him and just go home at the end.
(11-22-2017, 12:40 AM)nibblar Wrote: I am trying to find out which school my son attends.  If I can find out in time for his first nativity, I would like to attend this. 

I have indirect contact at the moment and have been writing him letters but "some form of direct contact" as per the court order should be starting in December.

Can the school or my ex stop me from attending my son's nativity?  It just seems like a really special thing that I should be there for, even if I don't go and speak to him and just go home at the end.

Unless a Court Order says otherwise, as a person with PR, you are entitled to attend the school at any time parents are invited.

The status of your relationship does not change this.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I sent letters into all my kids schools telling them I also need to see any letters being sent home, its worked ok and I can find out when my kids have events on...the Ex will not tell me anything and only sends the school reports with the children when they visit...she doesn't consult me on any medical issues or schooling decisions so much for PR...but its worth it when I turn up at the school when I can and she sits there fuming..

I recently found out she had told the school I'm wasn't allowed to pick up my kids if I came to the school with my now partner..I would like to see them try that little stunt as I would get the police involved

all a big game of control...I hang on to the knowledge that my kids can see this happening and hopefully will make their own minds up as the enter adulthood

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long to wait for a newborn child to be allowed to live with myself? mraidanlw97 2 954 09-19-2017, 08:12 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Teenage son wants to quit school to play video games, his mother agrees he can (NRP) TonyW1978 1 1,009 06-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: MarkR