Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access Arrangemnts.
    Good evening all. I'm looking for some advice and guidance from people in a similar position or anyone who has experienced a similar situation.
My ex-partner has proposed a change in my access arrangements to my 2 year old son.
I have attached the current arrangement which incorporates my 5 week rolling work roster. The roster starts at day 1 and finishes on day 35 before reverting back to day 1. This repeats itself over and again. I have been in my current job a member of London Underground's Emergency Response Unit for almost 6 years since May 2012. My son was born in 2015. My ex-partner and I split in May 2016 then had a reconciliation in March 2017. Unfortunately we split again September 2016.
On each occasion that we separated, we worked to the access arrangement attached where by, my son stays overnight at my house on 13/18 of my rest days.
The new arrangement that my ex proposes, involves me only having my son overnight on alternate weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) then every Friday in between.
This arrangement means that on the weekends I have to work (2 consecutive in every 5), I won't see my son.
My ex cites the reason for her wanting to change the arrangement is so that my son has more stability and consistency.
She has suggested I try and change my working hours (which I duly obliged by contacting my boss, but it is not possible) or even seeking alternative employment.
I welcome any advice.
The attached image is my shift plan for January and her proposed weekend from Friday to sunday starts on 5th January
Regards, Lee
(11-28-2017, 07:50 PM)ERUlee Wrote: Good evening all. I'm looking for some advice and guidance from people in a similar position or anyone who has experienced a similar situation.
My ex-partner has proposed a change in my access arrangements to my 2 year old son.
I have attached the current arrangement which incorporates my 5 week rolling work roster. The roster starts at day 1 and finishes on day 35 before reverting back to day 1. This repeats itself over and again. I have been in my current job a member of London Underground's Emergency Response Unit for almost 6 years since May 2012. My son was born in 2015. My ex-partner and I split in May 2016 then had a reconciliation in March 2017. Unfortunately we split again September 2016.
On each occasion that we separated, we worked to the access arrangement attached where by, my son stays overnight at my house on 13/18 of my rest days.
The new arrangement that my ex proposes, involves me only having my son overnight on alternate weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) then every Friday in between.
This arrangement means that on the weekends I have to work (2 consecutive in every 5), I won't see my son.
My ex cites the reason for her wanting to change the arrangement is so that my son has more stability and consistency.
She has suggested I try and change my working hours (which I duly obliged by contacting my boss, but it is not possible) or even seeking alternative employment.
I welcome any advice.
The attached image is my shift plan for January and her proposed weekend from Friday to sunday starts on 5th January
Regards, Lee

If this went to Court, she does not have enough reason to change it.

What it comes down to, is its not her decision on stability and the responce I would put to court is

a, that the existing arrangements have worked well for several months

b, there has been stablity for 6 years since you have been in your current job

c, if anything, she is wanting this change to reduce your contact, knowing that her proposal is not workable due to your 5 week rolling rota, and that the real reason might be increased child support, due to any reduction of nights.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(11-28-2017, 07:50 PM)ERUlee Wrote: Good evening all. I'm looking for some advice and guidance from people in a similar position or anyone who has experienced a similar situation.
I welcome any advice.
Regards, Lee
Just a thought, the attachment when opened clearly shows your real name and both your personal and work email addresses. As this is a public forum (anyone can read it) id remove it or edit it to get rid of the personal information.
(11-30-2017, 04:41 PM)Cheers for the heads up, edited. sab1971 Wrote:
I welcome any advice.
Regards, Lee
Just a thought, the attachment when opened clearly shows your real name and both your personal and work email addresses. As this is a public forum (anyone can read it) id remove it or edit it to get rid of the personal information.