Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
christmas fun fun fun
hi all

any of you guys have issues like this..all ive said is ill pick the kids up at 10:30 and drop them off at 1pm!

"To make it clear. You are not welcome on my property without prior, agreed arrangements. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not yet have permission to be on my property at 10.30am on 25th December.
I will let you know when permission is granted, at my earliest convenience"

I'm still on the mortgage and also the deeds though the house was given to the ex in its entirety by the judge at the FDR
there's no injunctions telling me i cant go near etc...

I've been asking for two months now when I can see my kids Christmas day...ill just leave the crank with it now

Angry Angry Angry
That sucks....big time.....permission to be on her property....don't need to be on her property to pick up the kids....send them out to the car or can a family member pick them up for you....or is that her way of saying your not getting them for Christmas...that's not fair on the kids...
Don't worry mate I feel your frustration I also get this sort of behavior from the ex all the time. You try and politely arrange something weeks in advance to avoid confrontation closer to the time of the event but she just wont engage in a discussion or agree to anything just out of spite to be difficult coz she's got nothing better to do with her sad little life than cause drama, then when you tell her what you are going to do and when you are going to be there to see kids she gets all aggressive and makes you out to be some sort of criminal with malicious intent.

My experience is often that her earliest convenience is in the year two thousand and never.

Keep the pressure on, e-mail her and explicitly state you would like to see your children on Christmas Day as you are sure they would be disappointed if she did not let them see their Dad. Tell her that you are willing to be reasonable (you should try despite her provocations) and that you would like at least 3 hours with them and please could she let you know when this will be possible as soon as possible so you can make the necessary arrangements so you can plan your own Christmas Day.

Good luck.
Ed
I know it's up for me. If you steal my sunshine.  Cool
That sounds exactly the kind of email I get - so superior! When will the law recognise that giving "sole residence" to Mothers turns them into megalomaniacs.

Don't get into an argument. Keep the email as evidence for some stage. Anything you put in writing can be used against you. So ignore the twaddle and just reply something like.

Please can we arrange when is a suitable time for me to collect children for Christmas. Regards ex DP.
I think courts should automatically start awarding kids to fathers for xmas period everytime they thinks it clever to not let their fathers see their children christmas time. ie if stopped this year automatically have them next year they will soon buck up their ideas. They only stop you christmas day to hurt you and be spiteful without even considering the poor children that get to suffer and have their christmas day ruined in the process
(12-08-2017, 08:38 AM)warwickshire1 Wrote: I think courts should automatically start awarding kids to fathers for xmas period everytime they thinks it clever to not let their fathers see their children christmas time. ie if stopped this year automatically have them next year they will soon buck up their ideas.  They only stop you christmas day to hurt you and be spiteful without even considering the poor children that get to suffer and have their christmas day ruined in the process

totally agree...this all stems back to the first Christmas after i left and said i think its a good idea we don't break the norm and they go to the outlaws for Christmas dinner..that is not thrown in my face every year..

anyhow they game playing is over as she has kindly agreed to me having them 11:30 till 1:30pm...i have to pick them up and walk them back to mine 2 miles away...so much for Christmas cheer, at least ill get to see them Smile

but its better than me opening presents under the carport...how we all still laugh about that!
Seems to be a common story here; I had a verbal arrangement with ex, but since she met he new boyfriend reason goes out the window. Last year she had the kids Xmas eve until 3pm Xmas Day, the plan was to alternate this on an annual basis. She has now told me she "has plans", so god knows when I'll see them over Xmas. I have instructed a lawyer to seek amicable solution re split access, this I know will be ignored, so I'll need to go for a court order as she now does what she wants with access over holiday periods, last summer I one week with my children.

Tired of a lop-sided law that lets women do as they please, even to the detriment of their children.
(12-18-2017, 06:27 PM)Locheil Wrote: Seems to be a common story here; I had a verbal arrangement with ex, but since she met he new boyfriend reason goes out the window.  Last year she had the kids Xmas eve until 3pm Xmas Day, the plan was to alternate this on an annual basis.  She has now told me she "has plans", so god knows when I'll see them over Xmas.  I have instructed a lawyer to seek amicable solution re split access, this I know will be ignored, so I'll need to go for a court order as she now does what she wants with access over holiday periods, last summer I one week with my children.

Tired of a lop-sided law that lets women do as they please, even to the detriment of their children.

Sorry to hear you're going through that.  Get it into court ASAP.   She can only do what she pleases whilst she hasn't got a judge issuing orders.  The quicker you get it into court, the less she can mess about.