Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nursery hours
Hi all,

I have a query about the free government nursery hours and what I'm best doing...

Me and ex have shared residence on equal basis as per court order.

As I work I get 15 hours free childcare a week and my ex doesn't get any due to her not working.

My ex put the children into nursery(2.5 days) on her days and I had them full time.

Due to me getting a new job, I now need to put them in nursery on my days also... ex is refusing to take them out of nursery on her days even though she doesn't work as she wants the days to herself(which is fine). But this would mean that I am liable for the cost for the 2.5 days I need to put them in on my days.

My question is: How is the cost split if we have 50:50 residence and the children only get the 15 free hours a week because I work? If I didn't work they wouldn't get any free hours and ex would have to pay for nursery too.

Do the free hours get split between each parent so 7.5 hours a week each or do I get all of the free hours because we only get the 15 hours because I work?
(12-12-2017, 07:09 PM)AnomDad Wrote: Hi all,

I have a query about the free government nursery hours and what I'm best doing...

Me and ex have shared residence on equal basis as per court order.

As I work I get 15 hours free childcare a week and my ex doesn't get any due to her not working.

My ex put the children into nursery(2.5 days) on her days and I had them full time.

Due to me getting a new job, I now need to put them in nursery on my days also... ex is refusing to take them out of nursery on her days even though she doesn't work as she wants the days to herself(which is fine). But this would mean that I am liable for the cost for the 2.5 days I need to put them in on my days.

My question is: How is the cost split if we have 50:50 residence and the children only get the 15 free hours a week because I work? If I didn't work they wouldn't get any free hours and ex would have to pay for nursery too.

Do the free hours get split between each parent so 7.5 hours a week each or do I get all of the free hours because we only get the 15 hours because I work?
Joint Residence does not come into this.

Who gets the Child Benefit?
This will depend on the answer
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.