Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technicalities
In my court order it stares that my ex has to make the kids available to me at certain times. However she is now taking that to the literal extreme and saying she will make them available to me and me alone.

May understanding...and the whole point of the order...was that in my time I can decide who picks them up from school and so on. You know, like a normal dad.

So is there anything that clearly explains that 'make available for contact' means 'handover PR for that time?
Once the child is in your care and as long as it is safe then you can introduce them to whoever - only a Prohibited steps order can change this
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Yes but I should be able to assign people to collect them in lieu of me?
(12-13-2017, 04:17 PM)daddyshortlegs Wrote: In my court order it stares that my ex has to make the kids available to me at certain times. However she is now taking that to the literal extreme and saying she will make them available to me and me alone.

May understanding...and the whole point of the order...was that in my time I can decide who picks them up from school and so on. You know, like a normal dad.

So is there anything that clearly explains that 'make available for contact' means 'handover PR for that time?

Who babysits the child would be the decision of the Resident Parnet.  However, if either parent is using childcare when the other is avaliable (unless its education related), then the other parent has a claim for that time, and in most cases, and Court would give it them.

Contact should be your Quality Time with the Child. Unless there is a valid reason you might be late for contact, the Order would not have provision for anyone else to do the pick up. Its once handover has taken place, it would be up to you. Things like spending a bit of time with other family members is fine, but the bulk of the time you should be with the child. As my ex is currently finding out, in her contact time with my children, its not about her having the decision on who they play with, its time with her, or ill apply to reduce her time. If the children want to play with children local to her, that is up to me to sort out direct with their parents, not in her contact time.

You never lose PR. The Resident Parnet should seek your opinion on all Education and Medical Matters, but would have the final decision, unless you challanged it in Court on Spercific Issue.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
We are talking about having the right to ask my parents to pick them up occasionally, not as a rule. Whether that is to allow them the joy of picking their grandkids up or due to occasional work commitments. She has the right to use childminders or family as support so why shouldn't I?
(12-13-2017, 08:26 PM)daddyshortlegs Wrote: We are talking about having the right to ask my parents to pick them up occasionally, not as a rule. Whether that is to allow them the joy of picking their grandkids up or due to occasional work commitments. She has the right to use childminders or family as support so why shouldn't I?

The decisions on where the child goes in your contact time, starts AFTER you have collected the child, unless a Court Order has provision for anyone else to collect the child for you.

It is the Child who has the right to see both parents (Children Act 2002). You need to be present the bulk of the time, but there is nothing wrong with other family members spending time with the child now and then. However, it is your time, and your ex should be allowing the children to have about the same contact they did with  your family, as when you was in the relatinship, either outside your contact time, or if you not taking half the school holidays, letting your side of the family have any time you can not take up.

If you have PR, its responabilitys you have to carry out.

As the Resident Parent, it is up to her to arrange childcare outside your contact time when she is not avaliable. However, you have the right to ask for that time, unless its education related. Courts look at this on a case by case basis.

You need to get your Order changed by appling for a variation.
In my own case, I had it from day 1, as I told the Judge that I worked as a same day courier drive, and that while I only took on work on contat days, where I am expected to be back in time, that my mother would collect the children if I got delayed.

You just need it adding, that you someone have work commitments, so you want the order to cover that. Be warned, if your ex objects, you could lose time, as the Court under the law if its not by agreement, can only give you time your avaliable for.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Assume whoever I want can take them to school though as it's in my time? Ie...in order to cover a morning I now have in order to have an extra night of QT?