Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex Wont Allow Me To Have My Daughter Untill We Have Had Mediation
New to the forums and never really looked for any type of advice before.

Back story:
My Ex and I split end of 2016.

We have a 3 year old daughter who I have been having every other weekend and every Wednesday,
I pay CSA on the dot every month, and I would consider myself a good dad. Who wants to be there for this daughter and in her life.

In May this year I met someone new and introduced her to my ex partner and my daughter. All went well. I continued to have my daughter, however in November this year due to work I could not have my daughter on the weekends we originally agreed on so I asked if these could be swapped, I was advised this could not be the case and that she felt I was putting other things before my daughter and that I can no longer see her. I thought this would be a short term thing because every now and then she threatens this type of thing.(your a bad dad, you cannot see your daughter) im sure a lot of guys on the forum have experienced similar tactics.

I asked what the plans were for Xmas only to be advised I can only see my daughter once we have had mediation.

I'm not sure where the request for mediation has come from, she was more than happy for me to have my daughter until about November time when work commitments kicked in.

I really don't know what my options are other than attending mediation, which is not needed.
(12-14-2017, 02:40 PM)edmond Wrote: New to the forums and never really looked for any type of advice before.

Back story:
My Ex and I split end of 2016.

We have a 3 year old daughter who I have been having every other weekend and every Wednesday,
I pay CSA on the dot every month, and I would consider myself a good dad. Who wants to be there for this daughter and in her life.

In May this year I met someone new and introduced her to my ex partner and my daughter. All went well. I continued to have my daughter, however in November this year due to work I could not have my daughter on the weekends we originally agreed on so I asked if these could be swapped, I was advised this could not be the case and that she felt I was putting other things before my daughter and that I can no longer see her. I thought this would be a short term thing because every now and then she threatens this type of thing.(your a bad dad, you cannot see your daughter) im sure a lot of guys on the forum have experienced similar tactics.

I asked what the plans were for Xmas only to be advised I can only see my daughter once we have had mediation.

I'm not sure where the request for mediation has come from, she was more than happy for me to have my daughter until about November time when work commitments kicked in.

I really don't know what my options are other than attending mediation, which is not needed.

As far as the law is concerned, its your avaliablity what decides when you have contact, but to be fair to your ex, there needs to be a set timetable for it.

While a normal starting point is Friday till Sunday every 2 weeks, and up to half school holidays, if you have a work rota over a differnent number of weeks, you contact rota could be over the same amount of weeks.

If your case goes to Court, the starting point is going to be her having to explain to the Judge whats happned in November, for her to stop contact.
Until her reason for this is known, its hard to advise on the way forward.

However, Mediation is needed, as you need Deadlock or her to no show, before you can go to court.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.