Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintenance whilst still living together?
Sorry MarkR, last question I promise.

You've mentioned " 0 staying contact rate" can you please explain what you mean by that?

Is it that nothing would have to be paid as we're still living in same house or I would have to pay the full rate with no deductions like if he was stopping over we me in the future?

Thanks.
(12-19-2017, 09:31 AM)andynumpty Wrote: Sorry MarkR, last question I promise.

You've mentioned " 0 staying contact rate" can you please explain what you mean by that?

Is it that nothing would have to be paid as we're still living in same house or I would have to pay the full rate with no deductions like if he was stopping over we me in the future?

Thanks.

Its full rate with no deductions. The law assumes that your not bearing any of their normal day to day costs, what in your case is not correct. Its only when the contact takes place where the person who gets Child Benefit does not also live, that the reductions kick in.

When they do, they start at 52, 104, 156 and then 175 nights.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  paying maintenance whilst child is in my care, how do i stop this? leejohnryan1979 5 1,328 03-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Maintenance whilst at Uni philthejono 1 1,147 08-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Last Post: MarkR