Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
communication must end
Ex texts me underhand messages inferring I am a crap dad if I don't bow down to her change in access times etc (basically so she can go out drinking with her pals).

Children are nearly teens.  Do I have to have anything to do with this vindictive ex.  I can do all the arranging with the children - what's best for them basically as that's all I want.
(07-06-2016, 12:28 PM)boredwithit Wrote: Ex texts me underhand messages inferring I am a crap dad if I don't bow down to her change in access times etc (basically so she can go out drinking with her pals).

Children are nearly teens.  Do I have to have anything to do with this vindictive ex.  I can do all the arranging with the children - what's best for them basically as that's all I want.

You have 2 separate issues. 1, your ex, if you consider it to be Harassment you might want to see if anything she is doing fits the remit of a None Molestation Order.

When a case goes to court, the day to day care of the children is down to the Resident Parent to arrange. When looking at contact, the none resident parent will have told to the court in a Position Statement what they are looking for. Orders are only made for at times they consent to.

You need to get Formal Arrangements in place.  I can advise you on how to sort this out, but I will need some more information.

a, you say the children are nearly teens, in law, its important to know if they are 10 or over? If they are, their "needs and wishes" can come into it. If under 10, assumptions are made they need both parents.

b, what outcome would you be looking for (Resident Parent, shared care or typical Contact)? If Resident Parent or Shared Care, what is your current housing status? (Owned/Rented and size). If Resident parent or Shared Care, also the sex of the children

c, What is your current arrangements?
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forced Communication with Ex mariland 4 3,928 02-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Frisbos