Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother has Relocated with Child without iforming anyone
Hi All,

Firstly, I am posting this on behalf of my brother who is the one having these issues. I am trying to get the best advice possible as quickly as possible.

My brother has a daughter who is going on 8 years old. Since the age of 2 years old my brother and her mother (his ex) separated. They kept it out of the courts and agreed on regular week day and weekend access, with my brother having his daughter every weekend for over night stays and my brother paying a fixed monthly amount in maintenance.

Since the separation, my brother has married and has since had a son and has maintained a very stable environment. While his ex has gone through a mountain of men and had a son of her own to one of the men she has been with. During the years, my brothers ex has caused nothing but problems, she has tried to get social services involved twice with failed attempts and has stopped access multiple times but its always been resolved after a few weeks.

They even attempted mediation a couple of years ago but my brothers ex failed to show and agreed to access again if it was kept out of court.

During this past year, his ex has been in a new relationship. She has slowly been trying to turn his daughter against my brother by manipulating her and filling her head full of lies. His ex stopped contact 5 weeks ago claiming his daughter didn't want to see him. Three weeks ago my brother and his wife met with his ex and her partner to try and resolve the situation which failed.

My brother immediately sort out a family solicitor to try and force access by mediation again, but the letter never made it to her.

His Ex dragged their daughter out or school 2 weeks ago without telling my brother anything, she even got their child to lie to him by saying she was still in school. She claims to have relocated to Devon (We live in Yorkshire and its a 6 hour drive away) and claims to be home schooling the child. We have been to her old address and there is indeed a new family living in that address. The address she has given us in Devon is that of a guest house and not a residential address, so we are at a loss of where they are.

My brother has been in touch with the mediators and informed them of the situations, they have ruled it in her absence and we are currently awaiting the documents we need to take this to the courts but this takes time.

My question is, does anyone have any advice on this situation? We currently don't know my niece's where abouts whether she is safe and well and its killing us all not knowing.

Can anyone help us?

A worried Auntie posting on behalf of her brother.

She has blocked our entire family from social media so we have no way of tracking her or finding her.
(12-15-2017, 08:25 PM)Jackson07 Wrote: Hi All,

Firstly, I am posting this on behalf of my brother who is the one having these issues. I am trying to get the best advice possible as quickly as possible.

My brother has a daughter who is going on 8 years old. Since the age of 2 years old my brother and her mother (his ex) separated. They kept it out of the courts and agreed on regular week day and weekend access, with my brother having his daughter every weekend for over night stays and my brother paying a fixed monthly amount in maintenance.

Since the separation, my brother has married and has since had a son and has maintained a very stable environment. While his ex has gone through a mountain of men and had a son of her own to one of the men she has been with. During the years, my brothers ex has caused nothing but problems, she has tried to get social services involved twice with failed attempts and has stopped access multiple times but its always been resolved after a few weeks.

They even attempted mediation a couple of years ago but my brothers ex failed to show and agreed to access again if it was kept out of court.

During this past year, his ex has been in a new relationship. She has slowly been trying to turn his daughter against my brother by manipulating her and filling her head full of lies. His ex stopped contact 5 weeks ago claiming his daughter didn't want to see him. Three weeks ago my brother and his wife met with his ex and her partner to try and resolve the situation which failed.

My brother immediately sort out a family solicitor to try and force access by mediation again, but the letter never made it to her.

His Ex dragged their daughter out or school 2 weeks ago without telling my brother anything, she even got their child to lie to him by saying she was still in school. She claims to have relocated to Devon (We live in Yorkshire and its a 6 hour drive away) and claims to be home schooling the child. We have been to her old address and there is indeed a new family living in that address. The address she has given us in Devon is that of a guest house and not a residential address, so we are at a loss of where they are.

My brother has been in touch with the mediators and informed them of the situations, they have ruled it in her absence and we are currently awaiting the documents we need to take this to the courts but this takes time.

My question is, does anyone have any advice on this situation? We currently don't know my niece's where abouts whether she is safe and well and its killing us all not knowing.

Can anyone help us?

A worried Auntie posting on behalf of her brother.

She has blocked our entire family from social media so we have no way of tracking her or finding her.

There is a fix for this situation. Apply on form C100 to Court, for a Child Arrangements Order.
State in the application, that while this is to get Contact in place, if it turns out she has relocated miles away, that Residance might also be contested.

What the Court does, is gives him another form to fill out. He needs to put as much detail on it as he can, and the Court will make an Order for Police, Benefits Agency, HMRC, DVLA, NHS or any other Goverment or Local Authroity controled department, to disclose recentl addresses they hold for her.

Once located, she can either
a, keep the case at his local court
b, keep her address private, but use a local court to her
In both them situations, he would just file docmnets at Court, and they would send them to her
c, disclose her address ,and move the case to her local court.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thank you Mark for the reply. I will inform him first thing in the morning.

Its good to know there is a support network out there for dads in this situation.
There is also an article on this site for tracing someone. I did that and had an address within 24 hours, which may speed things up with the court application. She must have an address for her phone, or postal redirection and if she's rented there will be evidence of a rental agreement or bills (even though she says she's in a guest house). I paid £75 for an answer within 24 hours and got it. It was worth it. Even if she has moved in with a man and everything is in her name, her bank and phone records should have a new address. I think these tracing companies can access a lot of confidential records. I used mcatracing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 year old child - mother limiting my time with him - please help dadloveshisson 1 216 05-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: MarkR
Wink Worried for child's safety with mother stephbond89 1 1,511 11-27-2016, 06:51 PM
  Any advice on how to contact child after mother moved away and took her..? Becks76 3 2,365 08-31-2016, 07:21 PM