Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At least I'll never do that again!
Right, here's one to think about:-

What do you miss least about your ex? Is it something they would say? Or do perhaps? Maybe it's that you never have to listen to their Mother, see their friends or watch that godawful TV programme again?

Can be serious or silly.
Miss the least? That has to be being talked to and treated like a child, being chastised for the most mundane of things.
A particular favourite of mine?

We worked in the same place when we were first married. I would be the first up and get ready, make both our packed lunches and feed our cats. All before driving us both the 30 miles to work and doing a full day.

She told me one day that she'd had a think about it, and wanted to make my mornings easier for me. So she'd started making her side of the bed.

Not mine. Just hers. I still had to come back up and make my side of the bed that I'd left her in.
I miss trying to have meaningful conversations with somebody who is constantly sucked into her phone.
I know it's up for me. If you steal my sunshine.  Cool
That was nice of her pete....Lol...I'm still think what I will miss about her....finding it hard to think of anything and Charlie and wanderer I get that aswell must be a common problem. This makes me think why didn't I leave her years ago Lol
(12-18-2017, 02:09 AM)Wanderer Wrote: I miss trying to have meaningful conversations with somebody who is constantly sucked into her phone.

I think a lot of us have faced that brick wall.

On a similar note, I hated my ex for her phone. She always had it on her, and had this compulsion for messaging anyone back as soon as she received one - it was rude not to apparently.

Unless it was me. At work I'd send her a text, sometimes with a direct question (how a poorly child was, would you like me to go to the supermarket on my lunch etc), and I wouldn't get a reply. Sometimes for five hours or more.

That screwed me up.
(12-18-2017, 06:21 PM)Petem Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 02:09 AM)Wanderer Wrote: I miss trying to have meaningful conversations with somebody who is constantly sucked into her phone.

I think a lot of us have faced that brick wall.

On a similar note, I hated my ex for her phone. She always had it on her, and had this compulsion for messaging anyone back as soon as she received one - it was rude not to apparently.

Unless it was me. At work I'd send her a text, sometimes with a direct question (how a poorly child was, would you like me to go to the supermarket on my lunch etc), and I wouldn't get a reply. Sometimes for five hours or more.

That screwed me up.
Oh i used to get this too. But at the same time she would be posting on social media about how ignorant people are that go around to visit and sit on their phones. Of course this was aimed at me despite the fact i was rarely on my phone but still proclaim that i always am. 

And i would also get that with my ex. She would be constantly on her phone messaging people and would always have her phone near. But hey presto if i messaged she was too busy to reply. 

On one occasion my daughter was going for her injections in the morning so i messaged at 7.30am asking how she was and what time to be there. No reply until after she was already at the doctors (9.30am) and said its too late now she was already there and id let my daughter down yet again. 

Its the games they play mate, despite sitting there making out its all your fault and they are holier than thou.
Too many to list, it's harder for me to think of something I DO miss about her, I envy people who have never met her. Thing I hated the most though was being forced to become vegetarian. I mean yeah I care about how animals are treated but not enough to choose to give up meat, if people want to do that cool I respect your decision but I had it forced on me which was just part of the whole Sh*t of the relationship.

Happy to say that the first thing I did when I finally got away was cooking myself a rare 32oz prime rib
(12-19-2017, 03:16 PM)Cheese_head_1986 Wrote: Too many to list, it's harder for me to think of something I DO miss about her, I envy people who have never met her. Thing I hated the most though was being forced to become vegetarian. I mean yeah I care about how animals are treated but not enough to choose to give up meat, if people want to do that cool I respect your decision but I had it forced on me which was just part of the whole Sh*t of the relationship.

Happy to say that the first thing I did when I finally got away was cooking myself a rare 32oz prime rib

I absolutely LOVE this! And I bet it's never tasted so good!

Are your kids vegetarian too? Or do you enjoy sending them back smelling of bacon?
I don't want to offend any vegetarians but at that moment I was so happy that animal had died so I could eat it, it's a bleak thought but at the time that's how I felt.

Hmm I have thought about it but I don't want to stir up trouble with the ex. My situation is still being worked on so when I get everything sorted out on that front I'll let my daughter decide for herself. I don't believe I have the right to force any of my lifestyle choices onto her, she's her own person and I want her to make her own choices, so at my house meat is on the menu Smile