Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent help needed please
Firstly I just wanna say good work on all the support this forum is giving dads out there it literally got me through some very dark times a while back.
My question is this, I have a child contact order which has been in place for the last couple of years. Running alongside the order has been my restraining order which I got serve for criminal damage and harassment when we split. I went through the family court and got the contact I wanted after months of trying and its been running fine for the last 2 years.
During the time of my restraining order ive breached it once because of an email sent and was told that if I do it again I can expect a custodial sentence. Anyway cutting a long story short me and my ex began sleeping together last week which I know was silly but its ended up with her reporting me cause it all turned nasty again. I was arrested yesterday for sending texts and emails to her phone which I am currently on bail for because they don't currently have enough evidence because the phone it was sent from cant be found. How will this affect my current contact with the children? can she stop contact? and what will happen if I get sent to prison in terms of child contact? is breeching restraing order enough of a reason to stop break the current contact order.
Any information would be brilliant and again I applaud you guy for all the good work, thanks in advance Adam.
(12-18-2017, 04:54 PM)ST4N80 Wrote: Firstly I just wanna say good work on all the support this forum is giving dads out there it literally got me through some very dark times a while back.
My question is this, I have a child contact order which has been in place for the last couple of years. Running alongside the order has been my restraining order which I got serve for criminal damage and harassment when we split. I went through the family court and got the contact I wanted after months of trying and its been running fine for the last 2 years.
During the time of my restraining order ive breached it once because of an email sent and was told that if I do it again I can expect a custodial sentence. Anyway cutting a long story short me and my ex began sleeping together last week which I know was silly but its ended up with her reporting me cause it all turned nasty again. I was arrested yesterday for sending texts and emails to her phone which I am currently on bail for because they don't currently have enough evidence because the phone it was sent from cant be found. How will this affect my current contact with the children? can she stop contact? and what will happen if I get sent to prison in terms of child contact? is breeching restraing order enough of a reason to stop break the current contact order.
Any information would be brilliant and again I applaud you guy for all the good work, thanks in advance Adam.

As you have been arrested, you are entitled to a Solicitor on Legal Aid. There is to much detail not known for members to take a view on this, as its not the sleeping together, its the how you ended up near to each other in the first place, what will be needed to defend this.

I would be applying to stay the restraining order.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Agree - see a Solicitor. How long did/does the restraining order last? Is it valid if she began a "relationship" with you again (her choice presumably!). You need some back up though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URGENT advice needed please (unusual situation) theconcernedone 1 573 04-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Son to Ireland - urgent help needed DaveRog 0 631 10-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Last Post: DaveRog