Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintenance while in care
Hi does anyone know the ststus of child maintenace while my child is under the care of the state?

I assume there are little or no costs involved when my child is being looked after by the state, haing paid my taxes and NI for many years, it's be paid for by me already.

Any ideas how this might work?

Thanks!
(12-19-2017, 11:08 AM)SwisshJohnno Wrote: Hi does anyone know the ststus of child maintenace while my child is under the care of the state?

I assume there are little or no costs involved when my child is being looked after by the state, haing paid my taxes and NI for many years, it's be paid for by me already.

Any ideas how this might work?

Thanks!

From my understand, the Local Authroity bear all the costs. Only the person getting Child Benefit for them, can claim the Child Support.
If you are having contact, my advise is via the Social Worker, ask if the Foster Parents would mind before buying any gifts, or offering any money.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Child Maintenance whilst kids in my care Tom_W88 12 611 07-24-2018, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Tom_W88
  paying maintenance whilst child is in my care, how do i stop this? leejohnryan1979 5 2,495 03-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Maintenance and child care DSuffolk71 8 4,133 02-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hazy