Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas arrangements
My ex partner saw my 5 year old girl last Christmas Eve and had the enjoyable experience of opening the presents from Santa with her .... I asked her to have alternative years - she declined . I did see my wee one for a few hours on Christmas Day.
I decided that my Christmas Eve with would be my overnight on the 23rd. So she woke up on Christmas Eve with the presents from Santa.
Sadly my ex has declined me having my child overnight on Christmas Eve because she needs to be with her family and it’s the best for her!!! When my daughter told her that she will be doing Santa twice this year my ex has decided to call me every name under the sun - dating I’m the grinch for ruining Christmas and the spirit for having Santa visit tonight ?
To be honest I personally think my ex is pissed that I’ll be enjoying Christmas with her first ..... why should I let her stop me from having that experience of a ‘Christmas’ morning with her - even though it’s on a different day - question to you dads am I taking the spirit of Christmas ... what you think?
Merry Christmas to you all to those who celebrate it.
(12-23-2017, 03:09 PM)Froggy Wrote: My ex partner saw my 5 year old girl last Christmas Eve and had the enjoyable experience of opening the presents from Santa with her .... I asked her to have alternative years - she declined . I did see my wee one for a few hours on Christmas Day.
I decided that my Christmas Eve with would be my overnight on the 23rd. So she woke up on Christmas Eve with the presents from Santa.
Sadly my ex has declined me having my child overnight on Christmas Eve because she needs to be with her family and it’s the best for her!!! When my daughter told her that she will be doing Santa twice this year my ex has decided to call me every name under the sun - dating I’m the grinch for ruining Christmas and the spirit for having Santa visit tonight ?
To be honest I personally think my ex is pissed that I’ll be enjoying Christmas with her first ..... why should I let her stop me from having that experience of a ‘Christmas’ morning with her - even though it’s on a different day - question to you dads am I taking the spirit of Christmas ... what you think?
Merry Christmas to you all to those who celebrate it.

It is not up to your ex about what is best for the Child. Under the law, if your getting contact without any restrictions due to Child Welfare/Protection Issues, the child has a right to be with you for half of the Quality Time.

This means every other weekend, and up to half of the school holidays, if that fits with your avaliablity.

In that, "Significant dates either need to be shared, or turns each".

Depending on how your arrangements are in place, you either need Mediation, with an agreement to cover things like Christmas and birthday, or if your Court Order is not clear, an Application to Vary it, so cover this.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thankyou Mark.
I would be lost without this forum. It’s tough out there when you have no one to turn to.
I'm currently going to court over issues like that. i won't see son for a whole week over Christmas. But I do have court ordered time with him after Christmas so postpone the Christmas thing until then. I did do it before Christmas one year - it's up to you. But I also felt the whole build up is to Christmas Day so do the second one afterwards now. He still tries to get presents early lol. So he gets one small present early and knows he'll have another Christmas at New Year. Christmas itself is pretty quiet and dire, but by having a second one after Christmas you have something to look forward to. I spend Christmas Day wrapping presents for the second Christmas.

Some of it depends on if you're kid is young enough to still believe in Santa because Santa doesn't come until the 24th - but you can always say he came early because he knew she wouldn't be there on the 24th. I found it easier to hang up the stocking with him before Christmas and say Santa will come here on Christmas Eve and it will be waiting for you when you get here in a few days. He used to worry if Santa would know where to go, so we would hang a sign on the door before he left :-)
I had kids from Friday afternoon until today night, I had to put everything under the tree on Friday as They were hidden under the bed. I have printed letter from Santa and left it there Too saying in it that he left some of the presents here and he would leave some at mum house So They can enjoy the time at both places. And They enjoy presents since Friday night as They know that They go to mum later tonight.
For them it does't matter What date it is. My ex does't know What I have done and it is'tnher bussiness anyway.
My sister wrote her weekly email to her daughter today, she won't be seeing her or hearing from her over Christmas I guess, she hasn't seen or heard from her since April
Court in November stated weekly emails till next hearing in February when section 7 report will be finished
Her ex is loving this I'm sure
The lies and parental alienation he has orchestrated over the past year is unreal I Hope one day the truth will come out and my niece will find out how much my sister fought her dad, social services and cafcass
Absolutely gutted .... my grinch of an ex denied me my allocated access to my daughter today ( Christmas Day) .... because I ruinind Christmas by me having my child open her Santa presents on Christmas Eve morning ! Cruel beyond words .
I did say to her a week ago if she was so worried why would she not alternate Christmases - her excuse “ she needs to be with her family” and deny my child experiencing opening her presents from Santa with me ... I did keep a few Santa presents for her when she came round today.... sadly I don’t know when I’ll see my child again ....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Christmas Arrangements dad03 2 169 08-30-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1