Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed please
My ex partner is dictating when I must collect the children and planning things to do with my children on my agreed days. It is not a formal arrangement and we are currently beginning mediation proceedings as a result of our indifferences. When I next have the children, I intend to keep them for longer to make up for the time I have missed with them. As their father can I just clarify that I have the same rights to do this as their mother?
(01-04-2018, 09:34 AM)K79 Wrote: My ex partner is dictating when I must collect the children and planning things to do with my children on my agreed days. It is not a formal arrangement and we are currently beginning mediation proceedings as a result of our indifferences. When I next have the children, I intend to keep them for longer to make up for the time I have missed with them. As their father can I just clarify that I have the same rights to do this as their mother?

If you have PR, then yes you are on the same legal standing, and who the child lives with does not come into it.

It only changes once a Child Arrangements Order is made, but when that happens, you Outrank her in the time the Court puts the child in your care.

Your way forward, is to write to her, stating that

a, you have PR, so currently your on the same legal standing.
b, that it is not acceptable for her to plan things to do with the child, in the times you have agreed will be your contact time
c, that if she continues to do this, you will instruct a Mediation Company, and then go down the Court route, to ensure you get your contact time.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.