Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally My appeal hearing date next Wed
Finally  My application to Appeal hearing is on  Wed , after that totally bulls up at the last contested hearing and the  final Court order in Oct, written by some mickymouse muppet which I never saw or heard in that hearing or even agreed too.

So im hoping that the money spent to get to this point has a positive outcome. I know that the Barrister has a good  rep   as he is well know in the circuit of family law. Lets see if the books, and radio shows that he does lives up to expectations.

Hopefully the transcript and witness statements and historical events mostly after the court order convinces the Judge to put the current order aside and mark it down for a retrial.

I have been so child focused throughout the whole mess from November last year .Its my role as a profession yet the system does not support or listen to Male victims of Domestic abuse.

I found that  my professional views working in the field of Safeguarding does not apply if you are parent with the same views. How contradictory it all is.

I mean a parent raising concerns of physical ,emotional assault and nothing happens  vrs  a professional raising the same concerns and hell breaks out.

or a parent raising  fact based evidence  Vrs a professional completing a report based on hearsay. 

I have really lost faith in my profession as no matter how much you can scream in relation to safeguarding you child from harm both physical and emotional the system is not concerned. 

I recently contacted Courts and  SServices again with ongoing concerns of neglect and emotional abuse towards my son since the last order.
the response I got was there was nothing they can do and I will have to wait to for the appeal hearing?
If had my work boots on Im sure things would be dealt with differently.

I am fortunate to put some level of protection in place for my son but what it does not stop is the emotional impact it is having on my son. The impact will be long term as the system fail to recognise or even understand the Welfare of the child and they are the ones that are meant to being following the welfare check list.

So Hopefully a father whos been a victim and  who has been a primary carer and resident parent has the same procedures followed to safeguard the children in their care. 

You dont simply ignore what is procedures because I am a father. I see many mothers (many falsely claiming DV) and getting the system supporting them 100 percent. Simply Shocking.

What Ive learned through this whole process so far is.
I cannot work anymore  at the level of professional work I had previously done, which is like for the last 20 years. Its because I seen first hand how biased  the who network is.

Fact based evidences means nothing NOTHING!!, In my previous post I mentioned if a father attended court with a axe in his head inflicted by the wife it is OK??, or that lying is ok, abusing a child is ok, Abduction is ok, common assault is ok?

I really hope that I get this order put aside, its a mess, a REAL MESS ie 2+2 = 17. overnights etc

Wish me luck guys as I will be sticking to my original position which I think is fair considering all the shit that has happened.

Every other weekend contact for the mother plus 2 tea time contacts on the 2nd week. Its near to what the standard contact arrangements are for separated parents. Well this is what is usually awarded to no resident parents.

Parenting programme to be completed and mother to secure her own accommodation  before any over night is considered
Dv awareness programme.
Family assisted order 12 month 
restriction on Oversea travel.
supported contact till mother has successfully completed a parenting programme.
Good luck. Have a look at Karen Woodall's blog. She talks about how there has been a feminist model within social work since the 1970s that is blinkered.
Well, just feeling a little rock bottom, The solicitors have looked at the transcript and it is a little touch n go n that the appeal may not be successful but will have to wait n see on Wed in court.
They said It would have been better to have the order varied?? Sometimes I wonder what use all this fighting to get things done properly
The whole appeal process has cost me ££££s in a matter of 8 weeks.
Fingers crossed now that the barrister can conjure up something or sees something in my favour.
(01-08-2018, 06:35 PM)asd1270 Wrote: Well, just feeling a little rock bottom, The solicitors have looked at the transcript and it is a little touch n go n that the appeal may not be successful but will have to wait n see on Wed in court.
They said It would have been better to have the order varied?? Sometimes I wonder what use all this fighting to get things done properly
The whole appeal process has cost me ££££s in a matter of 8 weeks.
Fingers crossed now that the barrister can conjure up something or sees something in my favour.

good look mate , wish u well, and your children
Fingers crossed for you.
Up at 3am .. application to Appeal hearing this morning.
Was advised yesterday by the solicitor that we may not have sufficient evidence for the appeal to be granted and to consider withdrawing and go down the route to vary the order as for that we have grounds.
So I had a long think about it and decided to take the hit at the appeal today or would have wasted the 1000s getting to this stage. If its unsuccessful all I lost is the additional cash for the barrister and then I will apply for the variation of the order.

I hope things go my way for a change. I got a competent experienced barrister. But it all depends how the judge is on the day. I pray it is not a divorcee judge or a supporter of womens aid. Joke aside my anxiety and stress is high. Not seen the ex since the kids school play in Dec. This was due to me avoiding her following DV and her intimidating behaviour.
I get tongue tighed around her.
Ill mention that to the barrister today. May help in some way
Good Luck for you Smile
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I think that sounds like a good decision. One stage at a time. Hope your barrister gets across that the court order was in error after the previous hearing (who actually drew up that court order by the way? I think usually it's one of the solicitors and the court stamps it so a Judge may not have realised it was different to what was agreed on the day).

As everyone says on here - on the day, be calm, don't slag off the ex, and focus on the importance of maintaining the ongoing residence with you. Good luck.
GREAT NEWS . Appeal successful due to fundamental errors due to the Magistrates not following Practice Direct 12J , RE Domestic Violence.
It is listed for a retrial and a new Cafcass report.
The current order stands until the new hearing date which seem bizarre given that safeguarding is a issue. But oh well I will now put in for a variation of the order in the interim period only because I keep bring up concerns and breaches of current order/

So my decision to continue with the appeal hearing was a good choice.

it makes you wonder , My barrister was on the ball with the practice Directions etc and errors in the order. The Judge was referring to his hand book which was an order version to the one the barrister had brought with him . I am lucky to have has a good barrister.

The ex was there. I felt sick in the stomach being near hear. She did try and put her knife in by bad mouthing me etc which probably highlighted more the fact DV was a concern through out the relationship.

Retrial ..awesome . I have everything based on facts that i can submit and this time it wont get ignored.

Thanks to all for the info of support.. The story continues.

Oh Previously the Cafcass officer drew up the court order. This was again another error on the courts part.
I like the word Mandatory . it was used several times by my Barrister to get the points across.

A happy Dad
YES !!!!! WELL DONE

ANOTHER WIN FOR A DAD!

SUPER NEWS - CONGRATULATIONS - DOING IT FOR THE KIDS!

PS take the bad mouthing by your ex as a compliment - she is petrified you might be judged as a good dad ;-)
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Court hearing date changed Sb1353 8 591 07-30-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sb1353
  Should I appeal? Charlie7000 2 977 07-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  C100 finally submitted tobyjuggler 1 832 06-16-2018, 12:33 AM
Last Post: pm180107
  Finally snapped SF79 8 2,528 06-13-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Appeal jono 4 1,562 05-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Last Post: jono
  So i finally got contact, she actually turned up at last Charlielovesyou 9 7,696 01-30-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Charlielovesyou
  My ex filed for appeal! jblood 1 1,412 06-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MarkR