• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communication tone
Saw this and thought i'd share the way to communicate with a bullying ex

BIFF

Brief
Informative 
Friendly 
Firm
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
I get

Extremely Brief
Curt
Vindictive
Stroppy

Is that the same?
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
HAHA!
What I get back is not what I aim for either but one day... one day!
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
I usually get back

"ok. thanks."

So when she texts me - I send the exact same back - petty I know, but one day a message shall be had.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
How about:

Curt
Untrusting
Nagging
Tiresome

From all the questioning texts when I have our child.
(01-08-2018, 07:27 PM)Mart73 Wrote: How about:

Curt
Untrusting
Nagging
Tiresome

From all the questioning texts when I have our child.

haha brilliant  Big Grin
Sneaky
Unco operative
Horrible
Clueless
(01-08-2018, 03:54 PM)LTCDAD Wrote: Saw this and thought i'd share the way to communicate with a bullying ex

BIFF

Brief
Informative 
Friendly 
Firm

This is suppose to be how YOU communicate with HER

...but some of the acronyms of how SHE communicates with YOU are very funny Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Business like is one haha
Big thing for me? Don't bite.

This was a hard one for me to learn, but if they say something that's clearly meant to wind you up then don't react. If they know they can push your buttons then they'll do it as much as they can. Lovely people as they are - we're separated from them for a reason.

My other recommendation is stop talking to them directly. All my communication with my ex I now do by text. This works two ways - I've got a written log of all our conversations (she can't make up what's been said), plus when she does put something to intentionally p*ss me off I have the chance to curse, swear and kick a chair before cooling off and replying.

I've got three kids and it's surprisingly easy to organise things through the written word.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Communication Porkster123 1 2,175 08-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Last Post: MarkR