Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two kids, another on way
Afternoon All,

first post!

I have two children from a previous relationship. I have paid for them since they were born and continue to do so. This was set up by the CSA initially but I now pay direct.

My new partner is expecting in the summer and I'm keen to understand what percentage (approx) will I pay for my two existing kids from my monthly salary in comparison to what % i'm currently paying.

I appreciate this won't be 100% accurate but looking for a steer from Dad's who have been in similar positions.

Many thanks for your help.

Iceman
Can no one help?
The csa calculator will give you a rough idea. https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance
Just add gross wage per week and fill in the rest.
(01-16-2018, 12:33 PM)Iceman1875 Wrote: Afternoon All,

first post!

I have two children from a previous relationship. I have paid for them since they were born and continue to do so. This was set up by the CSA initially but I now pay direct.

My new partner is expecting in the summer and I'm keen to understand what percentage (approx) will I pay for my two existing kids from my monthly salary in comparison to what % i'm currently paying.

I appreciate this won't be 100% accurate but looking for a steer from Dad's who have been in similar positions.

Many thanks for your help.

Iceman

There is no public calculators what take into account the fact your paying elsewhere, if you have to pay child support for them.

If you are living with your new partner, and therefore not paying Child Support for the new child, it will be taken into account by CMS, and you can get an idea here,

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks all. Looking at the calculator as a guide, there is like a 1% reduction with my new child in consideration. Very strange, I will give them a call.