Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two days on......
Well guys, thats me officially in separate houses and I dare say it will take sometime to get used to.
Kids went with my wife to her parents on Monday after school and they are coming to me today.

Been busy with work and been relatively upbeat but having a downer today when I should be in a good place
as my kids are back......still wish there mum was here to complete the family but I need to get over that.

Relate Councillor said I am grieving but I keep asking how long will I be like this.....22 years with someone is more than half my life.  Sad
(01-17-2018, 03:13 PM)sad al Wrote: Well guys, thats me officially in separate houses and I dare say it will take sometime to get used to.
Kids went with my wife to her parents on Monday after school and they are coming to me today.

Been busy with work and been relatively upbeat but having a downer today when I should be in a good place
as my kids are back......still wish there mum was here to complete the family but I need to get over that.

Relate Councillor said I am grieving but I keep asking how long will I be like this.....22 years with someone is more than half my life.  Sad

Same as my story. 22 years relationship and I am 42. I have been out of the house now since Beginning October. It´s hard
Hi Al,

I'm in same boat, sometimes I feel quite positive, then it quickly nosedives when I see the kids things and realise I don't live with them anymore.

A friend said one thing to me, 'all this shall pass'. And I'm sure he's right, it will get easier, but for now it truly sucks.

good luck mate
Cheers Rob74, kind of sucks. I am in the family house which is good and will finish my work today and then get dinner with them.

Need to make sure we do some fun things each night....even if its a game of hide and seek : )

Taking down pictures of my wife and replacing with the 3 of us or old baby pictures. I have got them both a ikea frame with 9 photos so that we can put ones of their mum in their rooms.
I can recommend cheap flights anywhere whenever you have time without work or kids - even just for a week-end. Speeds up the grieving process. You are surrounded by nothing familiar at all - different country, different language, lots of distractions. Or just having a bolthole a couple of hours away you go to overnight. A friend's house.

There are also retreats which are good. It's better than a holiday because holidays on your own are no fun - just somewhere to chill and be fed and go for walks.
I was actually thinking about that, getting away for a few days and seeing some cities that I wouldnt normally venture to.
Think you going to have these days....but I'm sure it will get easier...yes defo try and keep yourself busy city breaks some Hill walking anything that gets you out and about....don't just sit about or work all the time....use your time to do things that will make you happy and active..I think you are doing great the way you are dealing with this situation yes your having a bad day but I'm sure when the kids come round they will cheer you up ....and make sure you let them win when playing hide and seek...☺
A friend of mine joined this and got into a walking group through them.

http://www.spiceuk.com/home?handshaked=t...l_vTTdpHIU