Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAFCASS Report example [apparently real]
https://intheshadowofhiswing.wordpress.c...le-report/

So Ive been looking through the above report, can anyone here confirm if this is a true representation? I understand everyone's different but I am rather shocked by this. The follow up statements seem very petty and trivial, even mentioning a clothes rack against a window somehow relating to the new partner living there. Im asking this in all honesty [because everyone doubts themselves] is wanting to know that much detail about the children's time with their dad not controlling? Although I will stipulate he has depression and cant hold a job down so maybe justified?
It's very long. It is from 2009. These days you get a phone call from Cafcass (each parent does) and they then write a letter as a report, which you get a copy of before it goes to court. A full report is done if a Section 7 report is required by Cafcass (ie if allegations are made and Cafcass consider they need looking into).

So you are maybe thinking of two different Cafcass reports. Unless there are allegations made on a C1A it is usually just the phone call and letter. Recent experience of this was letter was good - a few minor inaccuracies which changed the tone slightly in one instance, but overall ok. It didn't just report what either parent said but put a slant on what was said (analysis) - eg if Mother was clearly being extremely negative the slant would show that - not just what she said as if it was fact. Had a fairly positive experience last year but a lot of that was because of things in my application and Cafcass seeing details from a previous application.
(01-19-2018, 10:01 AM)Charlie7000 Wrote: It's very long.  It is from 2009.  These days you get a phone call from Cafcass (each parent does) and they then write a letter as a report, which you get a copy of before it goes to court.  A full report is done if a Section 7 report is required by Cafcass (ie if allegations are made and Cafcass consider they need looking into).

So you are maybe thinking of two different Cafcass reports.  Unless there are allegations made on a C1A it is usually just the phone call and letter.  Recent experience of this was letter was good - a few minor inaccuracies which changed the tone slightly in one instance, but overall ok. It didn't just report what either parent said but put a slant on what was said (analysis) - eg if Mother was clearly being extremely negative the slant would show that - not just what she said as if it was fact.  Had a fairly positive experience last year but a lot of that was because of things in my application and Cafcass seeing details from a previous application.

Thanks, thats useful to know. My current concern is that I honestly believe that I dont need to claim she is a bad mother in order to prove I am a good father. However, just like mediation it will be her throwing as much mud as possible to see what sticks and I will spend the entire process defending myself.
Its a shame if its only a phone call, if they were to witness my daughter whilst with me I dont think Ill ever have a problem again.
No I don't think it is necessary to prove she is a bad Mother (unless she is really bad and abusive in which case you'd get social services involved). What the courts are more interested in seeing is parents not saying anything bad about each other and no mud slinging. ie you being the nice normal one! Have a look at Strider's article "Care wars" stickied. It explains how to protect yourself from allegations while still carrying on behaving as the normal one. If you make accusations back you'll be tarred with the same brush, or it will be a further accusation of being controlling or abusive or something. Let her show herself up. You won't need to defend yourself if you follow the tips in Strider's article and can focus on what you want at the hearing.
(01-19-2018, 03:37 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: No I don't think it is necessary to prove she is a bad Mother (unless she is really bad and abusive in which case you'd get social services involved).  What the courts are more interested in seeing is parents not saying anything bad about each other and no mud slinging.  ie you being the nice normal one!  Have a look at Strider's article "Care wars" stickied.  It explains how to protect yourself from allegations while still carrying on behaving as the normal one.  If you make accusations back you'll be tarred with the same brush, or it will be a further accusation of being controlling or abusive or something. Let her show herself up.  You won't need to defend yourself if you follow the tips in Strider's article and can focus on what you want at the hearing.

Care wars? where do I find that?
Here :-)

http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum/thread-4018.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real quick advice required pl Dingle01902 10 10,502 11-13-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Cafcass Report Readingram 12 14,447 11-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Naive
  Cafcass negative report javdak 4 7,121 03-15-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Frisbos
  EXTRA ACCESS APPARENTLY BREAKING COURT ORDER? ootracieoo 1 3,878 09-27-2016, 06:05 PM
Last Post: MarkR