Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on defined orders?
Last time I tried negotiating for Christmas I was informed of holidays booked for a full week of Christmas over the next 3 years!
(01-25-2018, 11:37 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Last time I tried negotiating for Christmas I was informed of holidays booked for a full week of Christmas over the next 3 years!

In a Court situation, it would be Shared or Turns Each. Who they live with normally does not come into it. Its Quality Time, what the Non Resident Parent would get half of.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(01-25-2018, 11:37 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Last time I tried negotiating for Christmas I was informed of holidays booked for a full week of Christmas over the next 3 years!

Mine has tried that - wants the week in between Xmas and New Year ... 2 years running and tries to give me the week before and after, which i would need to take annua leave for so not happening luv... she already has a fair proposal from me (reverse of last year) and she's not happyl
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
She got it again this year because she told Cafcass son was looking forward to it and it had been booked for a year. Then straight after first hearing booked a holiday for Christmas week this year as well! Got son all excited about it. Are a court really going to say she can't take him now? When she will tell him "your Dad won't let you go" and the rest of the family will go anyway! Reckon it'll be 2019 before I get to see him for Christmas.
(01-26-2018, 04:50 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: She got it again this year because she told Cafcass son was looking forward to it and it had been booked for a year.  Then straight after first hearing booked a holiday for Christmas week this year as well!  Got son all excited about it.  Are a court really going to say she can't take him now?  When she will tell him "your Dad won't let you go" and the rest of the family will go anyway!   Reckon it'll be 2019 before I get to see him for Christmas.

If shes booked in while in proceedings, it will be at her risk, and if your going to object to it, she might not even have a valid claim on her holiday insurance, as she put them at undue risk.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Good point Mark thanks. It's clever though. She'd just go anyway with her H and their son and tell son he is missing out because Dad wouldn't let him go. And son would wish he was going anyway. He is being won over by expensive holidays - when he should be able to have both - the holidays - and a Christmas with his Dad.