Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone can recommend a barrister or solicitor in london/reading area?
Hi everyone, i need help finding a good  barrister or solicitor,  and any advice is welcome 

i have tried the mediation, no answer from my ex, i will have the form issued from the mediation team this week saying that i have attended mediation, and that my ex haven't, 
i want to take my ex to court to see my son which i haven't for 6 months.

if anyone can give advice what to do after i receive the form from mediation, it will be much appreciated, many thanks
Katie Longmate of AFP Law in London. Fantastic. 0207 4091222.

The mediation form only means that you tried, and failed to resolve things. It might help the judge in the future, but just means you can start legal proceedings now. If you haven't seen your kids in 6 months you need to start legals.

Katie is expensive but worth every penny. Be prepared to spend a lot of money in this process.
unfortunately i don't have that kind of money to spend, i am a normal working class man,but thank very much you for that info
(01-24-2018, 09:33 PM)M1PH Wrote: unfortunately i don't have that kind of money to spend, i am a normal working class man,but thank  very much you for that info

Most cases can be sorted by Sef Representing. It just comes down to why your ex is objecting to contact etc.

Outline what your wanting, and what your ex is saying (without naming anyone or putting in any detail what might identify anyone invovled in your case), and we can give you an opinon what you should get, and how to go about it. Ages of children are not needed, just stated if under 2, 2-10 or over 10.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
hi, my son is nearly 7

i would like to have parental responsibilities and to have my time with my son and to find an agreement to have him some days
i don't want full custody i just want to be there for my son with out having to agree to all her terms and condition and not just see my son when is suitable for my ex,
i am having the same issues every few months when my EX doesn't get her own way, for example
about a year ago she suggested that she wanted to have another baby from me because she doesn’t want to have different baby fathers, i thought it was a joke when she said that but she was serious, i told her that i was in a relationship and that wouldn’t happen even if i wasn’t, she then stopped the contact with me and I wasn’t able to reach my son or see him all the contact for my son for a few months, until she finally calmed down and decided she wants me back in his life.

recently the drama started mid last year when i suggested to my ex that my son should meet my Girlfriend which iv been with almost 3 years
she refused for that to happen,
after that my Ex started calling me out of the blue drunk in the middle of the night saying all kinds of nasty things to me towards my Girlfriend although she doesn’t know her and the following weekend she started making excuses to stop me from seeing my son, she also started demanding more money and asked me to contribute to her holiday that she wanted to take my son away on holidays, and i refused to give her any more money until we put a stop to all the drama and come to an agreement for my son and be adults about the situation,
the midnight phone calls didn’t stop i contacted her mother to tell her about the situation and to speak to her daughter about that and the midnight calls stop for a short while,
Meantime i was waiting for the situation to calm down but then she stopped me from seeing my son on the following weekend that I was meant to see him
because she was still angry with me, i didn’t put pressure on her i gave her more time... and then i reached out to see how my son is doing and to arrange a day to see him, she made excuses that she was busy and i couldn’t see or have my son.This happened for a few good months.
Three months later she started calling me drunk in the middle of the night with her new boyfriend she started saying that my son looks up to her new boyfriend saying that my son now has step brothers and sisters, and also passed the phone to him and they was talking with no sense
they was trying to provoke me but i remaind calm because i knew she wanted to cause a big fight, so i hung up because they was saying bad things about me,
the phone calls happened a few more times the following week again followed by bad comments towards me and my girlfriend whom they don’t know.

Because of that i didn’t send her any money anymore as i wasn’t sure where that money will go or what the situation was, i don't have a court order to pay child maintenance
she is claiming child support and single mother benefits, and iam sure she wasn't declaring that i was supporting her

iv always been there for my son financially on a weekly basis since we split up, i have bank statements as a proof,

she recently asked me on many occasions to set up standing order , if I wanted to be part of my sons life !
And that I have to go by her terms and conditions! if not i won’t see him anymore.

I thought it was wrong for her using this against me and that she would stop me from seeing my son and make out that I am a bad dad and saying that I’m there for my son, she saying that i am a bad dad and i don't care about my son and i don't bother with my son, and that my son looks up to her new boyfriend.
and that i won’t be in my sons life anymore

she made my son believe that i don't want to see him,
i haven't seen or was able to speak to him for over 6 months for Christmas or new years. He's birthday is coming up soon,
i really miss him and i can't do anything about it,
if i turn up at her door she will probably call the police and say i am harassing her, that will probably look bad on me if we were going to court
she didn't respond to the mediation team neither did her mom who I tried to contact and message in order to settle in a amicable way.

I didn't want take this case to court but I am left with no choice,

many thanks for reading
(01-25-2018, 01:33 AM)M1PH Wrote: hi, my son is nearly 7

i would like to have parental responsibilities and to have my time with my son and to find an agreement to have him some days
i don't want full custody i just want to be there for my son with out having to agree to all her terms and condition and not just see my son when is suitable for my ex,
i am having the same issues every few months  when my EX  doesn't get her own way, for example
about a year ago she suggested  that she wanted to have another baby from me  because she doesn’t want to have different baby fathers, i thought it was a joke when she said that but she was serious, i told her that i was in a relationship and that wouldn’t happen even if i wasn’t, she then stopped the contact with me and I wasn’t able to reach my son or see him all the contact for my son for a few months, until she finally calmed down and decided she wants me back in his life.

recently the drama started mid last year when i suggested to my ex that my son should meet my Girlfriend which iv been with almost 3 years
she refused for that to happen,
after that my Ex started calling me out of the blue drunk in the middle of the night saying all kinds of nasty things to me towards my Girlfriend although she doesn’t know her and the following weekend she started making excuses to stop me from seeing my son, she also  started demanding more money and asked me to contribute to her holiday that she wanted to take my son away on holidays, and i refused to give her any more money until we put a stop to all the drama and come to an agreement for my son and be adults about the situation,  
the midnight phone calls didn’t stop  i contacted her mother to tell her about the situation and  to speak to her daughter about that and the midnight calls stop for a short while,
Meantime i was waiting for the situation to calm down but then  she stopped me from seeing my son on the following weekend that I was meant to see him
because she was still angry with me,  i didn’t put pressure on her  i gave her more time... and then i reached out to see how my son is doing and to arrange a day to see him, she made excuses that she was busy and i couldn’t  see or have  my son.This happened for a few good months.
Three months later she started calling me  drunk in the middle  of the night with her new boyfriend  she started  saying that my son looks up to her new boyfriend saying that my son now has step brothers and sisters,  and also passed the phone to him and  they was talking with no sense
they was trying to provoke me but i remaind calm because i knew she wanted to cause a big fight, so i hung up because they was saying bad things about me,
the phone calls happened a few more times the following week again followed by bad comments  towards me and my girlfriend whom they don’t know.

Because of that i didn’t send her any money anymore as i wasn’t sure where that money will go or what the situation was,  i don't have a court order to pay child maintenance
she is claiming child support and single mother benefits, and iam sure she wasn't declaring that i was supporting her

iv always been there for my son financially on a weekly basis since we split up, i have bank statements as a proof,

she recently  asked me on many occasions to set up standing order , if I wanted to be part of my sons life !
And that I have to go by her terms and conditions! if not i won’t see him anymore.

I  thought it was wrong for her using this against me  and that she would stop me from seeing my son and make out that I am a bad dad and saying that  I’m  there for my son, she saying that i am a bad dad and i don't care about my son and i don't bother with my son, and that my son looks up to her new boyfriend.
and that i won’t be in my sons life anymore

she made my son believe  that i don't want to see him,
i haven't seen or was able to speak to him for over 6 months for Christmas or new years. He's birthday is coming up soon,
i  really miss him and i can't do anything about it,
if i turn up at her door she will probably call the police and say i am harassing her, that will probably look bad on me if we were going to court
she didn't respond to the mediation team neither did her mom who I tried to contact and message in order to settle in a amicable way.

I didn't want take this case  to court but I am left with no choice,

many thanks for reading

Contact and Child Support are 2 seperate issues.
The Child has rights under The Children Act 2002 to see both parents, and you have to support the child.

In terms of contact, it  comes down to your avaliablity, but a normal starting point is every other weekend, and up to half school holidays. This is half of what a Court considers to be Quality Time.

Shared care depends on if its workable, for example how far away you are, and if it can accomadate the child attending school etc.

Child Support looks at your income, if you or any new partner have a child that lives with you, and also is then reduced depending on if you have overnight contact.

In terms of who the child comes into contact with, right now your both on the Same Legal Standing, if you both have PR.
Once a CAO is made, you outrank her in the time the court puts the child in your care.
All she can do is a Sarah's Law application, and use that to get a PSO if any issues.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I'm in London area, but used a very good solicitor from up north. It saved me a fortune! PM me if you want details.
thanks for that information i will start court application  i am just waiting for the form from mediation team, 
mean time is my son's  bday next week i really want to go see him ! is it a bad idea to go and wait outside he's school and say happy bday to him ?
could she stop me from doing that? or will i break any laws? if she was to call police ? will i get a  record on my name that i caused anything, 
i don't want her to have anything against me in court

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Barrister vs Solicitor AK2018 3 4,001 04-11-2019, 05:52 PM
Last Post: AK2018
  Recommended Reading Separated Dads 7 16,414 10-26-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: DMC
  For your reading pleasure notadeadbeat 2 3,792 05-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: notadeadbeat
  Any good contact around heywood, Bury manchester area michaelb 1 3,338 05-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Last Post: MarkR