Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
attempts to alienate father
This is my second post, i am still not familiar with this site and cannot find where i wrote my first post. i am a grandparent (myabe that will explain it) 

So to sum up, my first post was, about my son's ex making it difficult for my son to see his child. We live in Northern Ireland and the mother and child live in England. 
she doesnt reply to texts phone calls etc or else does so days later. she wont agree visiting dates, untill the last moment or chooses dates on which the flights are more expensive. she wont allow my son to get the child a passport etc. I am sure you get the picture. 

i got a reply from (i think his name was mark) which i appreciated and passed on to my son, who was also grateful as there were some bits which were helpful to him. However, part of the suggestion was that my son could st up weekly phone calls or skyping sessions with the child. These were points that i had forgotten to mention in my first message. When my son's ex left Northern Ireland to return to England it was agreed that he would have skype sessions ad phone calls with the child. However, she prevents this from happening. My son bought his child two mobliles on two different occasions and both of them were taken off the child by his mother. The phones were bought for the child to use soley as a way of  could contacting his father and my son was going to top up the phone every month. but with one of the phones, the only time the child was able to contact his dad was to ask for the top up. The mother kept the phone for her own use but still wanted my son to top it up. she never allowed the child to use it. The other phone was simply just taken from the child. 

then my son set up some game for his child on the childs, i.pad this was a game whereby players could message each other. my son felt it was the only way they could contact each other, but that too was stopped and no the only method of contact is thorugh phoning the mother. who only answers when she feels like it and who quite clearly can be heard telling the child what to say. just yesterday my son got to talk to his child for approx one and half minutes when the mother just decides to hang up . no goodbye, nothing she justs ends the call abruptly.

the problem is that even though phone calls and skpe was agreed before she left northern ireland in the court here, she does not stick to it. my son cannot afford to take her to court for contempt of court. anyway, she will just get a slap on the wrists and go off and do it again. then he will have to take her to court again. in court the judge said if he had any problems then to go back to him but then he was told that he would have to go to a court in England as the child resides in england .  he has been told that social workers would say the same. i.e the child is not in our jurisdiction! he cannot afford to go to court here so he simply could not afford to go over to england and fight it there . 

he is a loss as to what to do. when he and the child are together, they are so happy and have such a great bond. it is breaking the whole heart of our family. i would be grateful if anyone has any advice. 

Vee
(07-22-2016, 02:04 PM)Vee Wrote: This is my second post, i am still not familiar with this site and cannot find where i wrote my first post. i am a grandparent (myabe that will explain it) 

So to sum up, my first post was, about my son's ex making it difficult for my son to see his child. We live in Northern Ireland and the mother and child live in England. 
she doesnt reply to texts phone calls etc or else does so days later. she wont agree visiting dates, untill the last moment or chooses dates on which the flights are more expensive. she wont allow my son to get the child a passport etc. I am sure you get the picture. 

i got a reply from (i think his name was mark) which i appreciated and passed on to my son, who was also grateful as there were some bits which were helpful to him. However, part of the suggestion was that my son could st up weekly phone calls or skyping sessions with the child. These were points that i had forgotten to mention in my first message. When my son's ex left Northern Ireland to return to England it was agreed that he would have skype sessions ad phone calls with the child. However, she prevents this from happening. My son bought his child two mobliles on two different occasions and both of them were taken off the child by his mother. The phones were bought for the child to use soley as a way of  could contacting his father and my son was going to top up the phone every month. but with one of the phones, the only time the child was able to contact his dad was to ask for the top up. The mother kept the phone for her own use but still wanted my son to top it up. she never allowed the child to use it. The other phone was simply just taken from the child. 

then my son set up some game for his child on the childs, i.pad this was a game whereby players could message each other. my son felt it was the only way they could contact each other, but that too was stopped and no the only method of contact is thorugh phoning the mother. who only answers when she feels like it and who quite clearly can be heard telling the child what to say. just yesterday my son got to talk to his child for approx one and half minutes when the mother just decides to hang up . no goodbye, nothing she justs ends the call abruptly.

the problem is that even though phone calls and skpe was agreed before she left northern ireland in the court here, she does not stick to it. my son cannot afford to take her to court for contempt of court. anyway, she will just get a slap on the wrists and go off and do it again. then he will have to take her to court again. in court the judge said if he had any problems then to go back to him but then he was told that he would have to go to a court in England as the child resides in england .  he has been told that social workers would say the same. i.e the child is not in our jurisdiction! he cannot afford to go to court here so he simply could not afford to go over to england and fight it there . 

he is a loss as to what to do. when he and the child are together, they are so happy and have such a great bond. it is breaking the whole heart of our family. i would be grateful if anyone has any advice. 

Vee

First Thread Located, http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum/sho...hp?tid=518

Regarding the phone, if you know the IMI number get it blocked, and also Report it to the Police as Thief. There is intent to permanent deprive the child of it, and as your son has PR, he can make the report on behalf of his child.

If the terms of a Court Order are not being done, then get him to write to his ex, stating that if she does not do (and then exactly as ordered on the court order), he is putting her on 7 days notice, that Enforcement action will follow, and that should a court find that she did not comply with the court order, then your son is going to sue her for the cost of the application, and any associated costs, including travel to the UK for hearings, and loss of wages for the days. Make sure this letter is sent in a way you can prove delivery of it, and give her the stated time. In law, your then creating a Civil Contract, he can use to sue her for none payment of if she does not pay.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(07-22-2016, 08:40 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 02:04 PM)Vee Wrote: This is my second post, i am still not familiar with this site and cannot find where i wrote my first post. i am a grandparent (myabe that will explain it) 

Vee

Regarding the phone, if you know the IMI number get it blocked, and also Report it to the Police as Thief. There is intent to permanent deprive the child of it, and as your son has PR, he can make the report on behalf of his child.

If the terms of a Court Order are not being done, then get him to write to his ex, stating that if she does not do (and then exactly as ordered on the court order), he is putting her on 7 days notice, that Enforcement action will follow, and that should a court find that she did not comply with the court order, then your son is going to sue her for the cost of the application, and any associated costs, including travel to the UK for hearings, and loss of wages for the days. Make sure this letter is sent in a way you can prove delivery of it, and give her the stated time. In law, your then creating a Civil Contract, he can use to sue her for none payment of if she does not pay.

(07-26-2016, 04:41 PM)Vee Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 08:40 PM)MarkR Wrote:

Vee

MarkR:    Thank you for your reply MarkR, your answers are very much appreciated.  Vee