Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
being a dad for 2 hours
how can you be a dad , and a loving one with this amount of time , every two weeks, feels like the world fell apart Undecided
It's not fair....and it's not right....but every 2 weeks is better than not seeing them I suppose.....but I know what you mean....should see them way more. Maybe you will in the future...just need to keep at it and when you do see them make the most of it and love them and spoil them and have as much fun as you can with them...
So sorry to hear this mate, is there really nothing you can do? is it final?
How long before you can apply for a variation? or is it only when new info/facts/change is known?

I hate to say it [forgive me] but will begging/pleading/sucking up to ex help to increase it?

Dont give up buddy, be determined
This was/is the same as me, I only had my little one for 2 hours every 2 weeks in a public place supervised! This was going for 8 months till I had enough and filed a C100 last year.... the courts have now set it so that is now unsupervised, I can take them home and has gone from 2 hours to 4 hours and will increase in time to overnights rapidly but yes I know exactly how you feel.

I have gone from a full time dad to the bloke at x place who babysits for 2 hours..... it's horrible but I just look forward to the time I can see them and make the most of it.

They know who I am as I keep reinforcing I am daddy, I get hugs and kisses and pics etc so for me as much as it hurts I am happy with that until they get to an age where they can say what they want and understand all the stuff that has happened and all the stuff the mother has done.

Unsure if you have been to court etc but don't give up, in the end you will get your time.
thanku guys so much,

(02-01-2018, 10:21 AM)Naive Wrote: So sorry to hear this mate, is there really nothing you can do? is it final?
How long before you can apply for a variation? or is it only when new info/facts/change is known?

I hate to say it [forgive me] but will begging/pleading/sucking up to ex help to increase it?

Dont give up buddy, be determined

i am mate but this is getting to me, the ex wants me gone,, , so asking ex is a no no, never speak, id rather kiss the devils ass,, shes not nice at all ,, not the woman that i once loved, at all,
You guys are an inspiration. I don't know how I would have dealt with this.

What hurts most of all is not being involved in the upbringing of your child. It is like being an spectator not really being involved in planing their daily life. It is better than nothing I suppose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  120 hours, 1176 hours to go Naive 6 8,533 03-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Naive