Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
travel and supervised visits
New to this site - any help and advice will be appreciated.

I have a hearing for child access coming up next week ...

I have received a letter from the mothers solicitor that they are recommending that i have supervised visits to start off with. There is no need for this and i will be objecting. 

What i need to know is that can i claim my travel expenses (approx 180 mile round trip) and the supervised visits cost (£43 p/h).

My ex to be is stating that she is not working and will not cover costs.

any advise would be appreciated - thanks in advance.
You will not be able to claim travel expenses and probably have to pay for supervised visits as well. However how old is child and it maybe that you wont have to have supervised visits. Just cause they say they want that doesnt mean that will actually happen. It would help if you have already been seeing your child recently and if there are no issues at moment that would help as well .
Why have her Solicitors said that? Has she made accusations?
(02-04-2018, 08:07 PM)kenbarton Wrote: New to this site - any help and advice will be appreciated.

I have a hearing for child access coming up next week ...

I have received a letter from the mothers solicitor that they are recommending that i have supervised visits to start off with. There is no need for this and i will be objecting. 

What i need to know is that can i claim my travel expenses (approx 180 mile round trip) and the supervised visits cost (£43 p/h).

My ex to be is stating that she is not working and will not cover costs.

any advise would be appreciated - thanks in advance.

For contact to be Sueprvised, she needs to show Child Welfare/Protection Issues, what if she does you can set down for a "Finding of Fact" hearing for. Either she produces evidance, or the Court can not consider it.

You can claim a reduction in child support where you have excessive travel for contact costs, in a CMS case.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I have 2 kids 11 and 14 ...
Months if trying to get visit access .. always denied.
So I submitted a c100 application .. hearing is today.

Inbetween the processs .. the ex has told a load of lies to cafcass .. who have in turn suggested supervised access at a child centre.

Note in her original response ... she stated no supervised visit required.
if your children are 11 and 14 , i would of thought they would get a say in what happens especially the oldest one of the two.
I am pretty sure if they state they want to see you then she hasnt got much say in matters unless there are child welfare/protection issues. If there isnt shes only delaying the inevitable which is that you will probably end up having them every other weekend and half of holidays. in most cases supervised visits are usually for younger children than 11 and 14.
Hope today's hearing goes ok. Expect you're already there!
thanks for your replies - to update you

Hearing was part successful. I turned up alone and represented myself and the ex turned up with counsel.

Basically i have every other Sunday access for 2 hours at the kids residential town. (80 miles away). Care centre was quashed.

This will continue till end of April - whilst cafcass complete a section 7 report.

In the meantime I have to complete a hair and blood test (cost 50/50).. originally full cost was to me. 

All in all a fair result ... fingers crossed for final hearing.

Can i now claim travel costs via CMS ?

thanks.
(02-05-2018, 09:22 PM)kenbarton Wrote: thanks for your replies - to update you

Hearing was part successful. I turned up alone and represented myself and the ex turned up with counsel.

Basically i have every other Sunday access for 2 hours at the kids residential town. (80 miles away). Care centre was quashed.

This will continue till end of April - whilst cafcass complete a section 7 report.

In the meantime I have to complete a hair and blood test (cost 50/50).. originally full cost was to me. 

All in all a fair result ... fingers crossed for final hearing.

Can i now claim travel costs via CMS ?

thanks.

Yes, you need to call them. They allow something like 9p per mile, or the cost of public transport.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is mediation a must to extend visits of existing Court Order? Alibash 3 4,626 01-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Delayed visits Alibash 2 3,826 06-24-2017, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Alibash
  Travel arrangements Carlos1993 6 8,009 01-26-2017, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Weekday visits Damiender 8 11,201 12-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: LTCDAD