Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing by the rules - rumours
I was just talking to my colleague, his brother [up north] just came out of court with a shiny new order for exactly what he wanted. Every other weekend and a night during the week.
He applied to court nearly two weeks ago, I know what youre thinking......... so I asked, how did he skip mediation and go straight to court?

In his words "I just put on the form I had safeguarding concerns  and filed it as an urgent application, the judge was having none of it but it was too late to send me to the back of the queue"

I cant help but feel there are holes in this story, Im pressing for more info. As my colleague tells me, he is a real wideboy who has zero regard for peoples rules and etiquette.
I also cant help but admire it a little, but certainly not advocating this. If it is true then I guess its possible for any parent to make false allegations to get what they want.
I got a Child Arrangements order at 2 days notice. Had advice that as contact had been stopped just before a booked holiday, should apply for an urgent specific issues order for the holiday and child arrangements order at the same time. Got a solicitor who thrashed out an agreement and the court ok'd it. Mind you it was a rubbish order and am now having to go back. Did do a MiAM and got a 24 hour appointment.
Deliberately pissing a judge off by lying on a form to queue jump doesn't seem like the smartest idea in the world.
So I got more information, Apparently that was an urgent FHDRA that he got through, by booking a day trip to France and claiming it was a holiday. As Ive complained before...... a holiday is considered urgent but not seeing your children for months is not.
His order was an interim court order with the final hearing to happen after CAFCASS report on March 2nd, which means he will likely have the whole thing sorted within 1 month of application. Ive been going since last September.
(02-09-2018, 09:03 AM)Naive Wrote: So I got more information, Apparently that was an urgent FHDRA that he got through, by booking a day trip to France and claiming it was a holiday. As Ive complained before...... a holiday is considered urgent but not seeing your children for months is not.
His order was an interim court order with the final hearing to happen after CAFCASS report on March 2nd, which means he will likely have the whole thing sorted within 1 month of application. Ive been going since last September.

I applied to court to have our child returned home after the ex went missing with the child and quit her job & was incommunicado for a fortnight. That was in November.

My Fact Finding is not until May!
(02-09-2018, 09:48 AM)jono Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 09:03 AM)Naive Wrote: So I got more information, Apparently that was an urgent FHDRA that he got through, by booking a day trip to France and claiming it was a holiday. As Ive complained before...... a holiday is considered urgent but not seeing your children for months is not.

I applied to court to have our child returned home after the ex went missing with the child and quit her job & was incommunicado for a fortnight. That was in November.

My Fact Finding is not until May!

Good God Jono thats horrific.

France is nice this time of year, anyone fancy a group day trip/holiday?
(02-09-2018, 10:05 AM)Naive Wrote: Good God Jono thats horrific.

France is nice this time of year, anyone fancy a group day trip/holiday?

Yep! 6 months & counting... Absolute disgrace.

Hmm I'm surprised he got that!  I would have thought they would check the date of the booking and want to see some kind of written agreement from his ex that a holiday had been agreed.  In my case it was genuine - contact was stopped completely just before a holiday.  However, I did ask for the specific issues hearing to also be first hearing for Child Arrangements.  The order was basic though, and as I later found out - not enforceable!

For the same reason I managed to have son for half the summer holidays last year (despite lots of contact being withheld in the run up) - by having something booked for the start of each period - because ex Knew I could get a specific issues order, and possible an enforceable child arrangements order, if she stopped him coming!

On the other hand booking holidays every week-end could get expensive!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with game playing? jamie3179 6 5,849 12-09-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  What game is she playing now? Chisvo 0 2,127 11-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Chisvo
  Frustrating Ex Playing Mind Games! Twinsanity 17 27,455 04-14-2016, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Twinsanity