Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
contact book
has anybody on hear used one of these/  because ex will not comunicate with you, even if in childs best interest, Huh
Yes sometimes caffcass or mediators recommend one. you can write in it anything regarding children and hand it to your awkward ex that doesnt co-parent to read rather than speak to them. then they have chance to write back to you
We went on to email. Nightmare - 3 page long emails. A contact book sounds like a nice idea. Although I'd rename it a child's transitions book. Get rid of that word contact! Something a child can see in the future maybe - if the ex doesn't bin it.
We use WhatsApp. I've heard some people like contact books though.
Yes Courts mentioned We use a communication book so did cafcass.
The problem with communication book's is that it creates distance between u and the ex. I can understand when parties are not seeing eye to eye but with amicable splits it should not be considered.

I have problems when the ex fails to return the book.
So I resort to text messaging but staying child focused. Dont wanna give any opportunity of me harassing.
Plus always take a photo of ur recordings in the book. As it can easily be lost by the ex for some reason or the other.
Its funny because I set a google calendar last year, ex thought it was good idea until she realised I could put entries in without getting her permission first. So that all stopped. But what made me laugh is when the mediator suggested the contact book she dutifully sat up straight and wrote it down, asking questions, never to acknowledge its existence again. I would say the co-parenting app would be much better. It has everything, timetables, calendar, message system, receipts and expense, all printable for court and you can even add solicitor's profile so they can view.
https://appclose.com/
I asked her 3 times after mediation and she eventually said she had no space on her phone. huummfff
Not very tech orientated here and don't have a smartphone :-) Non verbal things like that sound good though, because the emails are a nightmare.
(02-09-2018, 02:01 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Not very tech orientated here and don't have a smartphone :-)  Non verbal things like that sound good though, because the emails are a nightmare.

me 2 mate
We used a contact book - it was horrible. IT feels even further removed than email so her abuse of me continued.

She would print off articles about how to be a better father, highlight sections and stick them in the book! The damn cheek!

She only stopped when I threatened to burn the book if she continued. We now email which isn't perfect but its better than that damn book......
(02-12-2018, 04:20 PM)ADTR_2014 Wrote: We used a contact book - it was horrible. IT feels even further removed than email so her abuse of me continued.

She would print off articles about how to be a better father, highlight sections and stick them in the book! The damn cheek!

She only stopped when I threatened to burn the book if she continued. We now email which isn't perfect but its better than that damn book......

Ha ha that's hilarious, Id be tempted to leave notes in there for therapists number's, narcissist help lines. Oh the options are boundless.
Alas, it will remain talk of Calpol and veggies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Handover book? Seems to just be an order book Charlielovesyou 1 2,375 05-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Charlielovesyou
  Ex handed all her court notes over instead of contact book!!! TheDetective 5 5,243 03-28-2018, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Naive
  New book written by veteran father! inzion2016 1 4,197 04-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Separated Dads