Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instructed my solicitor finally – What to expect next?
Hi, sorry to but in the thread again but can anyone tell me what happens at the first hearing, that's listed for 15 mins. Is it just to see if I accept or deny the allegations and then further court dates are made for me to contest them?
At my first hearing neither party were expected to speak. You both just sit there and listen whilst the judge reads out the matters that are to be discussed at the main hearing. My solicitor tried to get the NMO struck off in the initial hearing so that it wouldn't go to court arguing that even with all the allegations it didn't constitute a NMO... She failed to do so but the NMO was not enforced at the main hearing anyway.

The solicitors will need to work out a date that suits all parties as well as estimating how long the court will need to get through everything - In my case 1 day.

Not much else happens really except a bit of legal jargon.
Hi all. Just a quick update to let you know I'm now in a room! Phew!

Now that I have a base ill be sending the CAO forms off tomorrow and will keep the thread updated when there's anything to report.

Hope you are all doing well.
Celebration :-) Really glad to hear that. Did you get some help? About time someone gave you a helping hand!
Good to hear.
All reading with absolute horror your thread Sector will be really pleased with that progress.
Agree with Charlie and Andy and to say many are with you.
Update: Signed the transfer document today so at least I'll be getting the flat money in the next week. Or at least what's left of it!

I'm gonna have to make it last, but I think I might treat myself to a little present. Nintendo Switch and Zelda perhaps?
Excellent. Glad that got sorted. Any luck with the mediation sign off?
I emailed her but no reply, so I asked my solicitor to chase her.

I've begun writing my statement so there's no rush when the time comes. Each day I write a little more...it is quite therapeutic because I feel like I'm getting to have my say even though nobody's seen it yet.

Seems obvious, but to any dads that find themselves lied about and not listened to or taken seriously...writing can do the world of good.
(04-26-2019, 12:11 AM)Sector78G Wrote: Update: Signed the transfer document today so at least I'll be getting the flat money in the next week. Or at least what's left of it!

I'm gonna have to make it last, but I think I might treat myself to a little present. Nintendo Switch and Zelda perhaps?

Nice one Sector78G.   So pleased for you mate. 

Yes a switch with Zelda and if you can stretch it, Mario Odyssey is also essential!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally light in the tunnel pazzer1973 7 2,152 10-23-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: pazzer1973
  Finally got the courage to post Rob74 46 20,514 04-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Last Post: GC1974
  Just Instructed Solicitor - Advice Please RD84 5 2,549 02-20-2018, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Hazy
Question It's Finally Happened Paisley1 3 3,583 07-31-2016, 06:56 PM
Last Post: johnwtaylor1980