Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice/Supporter
Hi

As some of you know I met the most wonderful woman, unfortunately we have now split up - the issue here is that she was also my supporter, so I either need to find a new one or get her removed and the ex to allow me to have my daughter by myself - ex has offered a Contact Center or her following us as an alternative - neither really appeal to me.

Anyone got any advice?  I am in a rough place at the moment but trying to keep it together.

Invis
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Can the order not be varied to allow contact unsupervised? If it has been going well so far it might be worth asking.
Hi hazy

There hasn't been any issues from my side but my ex is sticking her heels in and says I need to wait another year before I can have her by myself

Basically she won't budge

Invis
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Could well be worth a try I think.

It is a circumstance beyond your control and to have an ex following behind as supervised contact is beyond realistic. A contact centre would be better than that. I know you don't want that but as a result of it you may get a report on how contact is going which could help hasten progress to unsupervised contact. Have a think about it. Its not for your ex to set the time frame.

If you had a relative or friend who could assist I am sure you would have mentioned it so your options could be limited.
I won't accept a contact centre

My ex has offered to write a letter to the courts supporting the fact I am a great dad with a very tight bond to his daughter

My ex-wife isn't amenable to this at all and would rather she be the supporter or it goes to a contact centre

She is also trying to get me on an alleged court order breach when it was her that breached it first about 3 months ago

TBH I am tired of all this
It is completely understandable that you are tired of it all. Sometimes I wonder if the system is set up to bring about a reaction like this to make you walk away.

Don't let them win!