Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
co parent, no go,
my ex will not in anyway co parent,. am very worrid
Have you tried mediation?
Mine is much the same, but she has only stopped since September when I asked to discuss a more equitable shared care.
My saving grace is that we had a perfectly workable relationship before, few bumps but nothing major. Shared everything from doctors visits to bathing. So at least I can prove it happened and that its her that stopped it. Can you gather evidence that she has co-parented before?
I accept the fact that she is NEVER going to respect me as an equal parent, so I just avoid talking to her as much as possible and get on with raising my daughter. She knows only what she needs to know and nothing more.
My ex refuses to co-parent as well. Will not communicate with me at all and is still claiming that its because im aggressive and have anger issues, claims shes scared and intimidated by me despite all reports proving it is not supported or and is unsubstantiated.

Until the courts start doing something about this behaviour then they will continue with it and get away with it. As Naive says you need to forget about her and try and carry on. I dont really want to talk to her or even see her ugly mug again but unfortunately we have a child together and i will have to to a degree. I will do my best for my daughter despite the mothers efforts to the contrary.
It would be heaven if we could arrange it so we dont cross paths, She drops off at childminder, I pick up and vice versa. With a decent break from each other I reckon we might even be able to be civil one day.
I'm going to get 2 copies of this book
https://www.amazon.com/Co-parenting-Toxi...1608829588

Reckon I might send the 2nd one to the ex... then follow it up with an email " I know what you are thinking BUT YOU are the toxic one "
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
(02-19-2018, 08:44 AM)Naive Wrote: Mine is much the same, but she has only stopped since September when I asked to discuss a more equitable shared care.
My saving grace is that we had a perfectly workable relationship before, few bumps but nothing major. Shared everything from doctors visits to bathing. So at least I can prove it happened and that its her that stopped it. Can you gather evidence that she has co-parented before?
I accept the fact that she is NEVER going to respect me as an equal parent, so I just avoid talking to her as much as possible and get on with raising my daughter. She knows only what she needs to know and nothing more.

well naive? at least your ex will , talk two you,, mine dont, even if its in the childs best interest??? thanku for your reply,

(02-19-2018, 02:13 PM)LTCDAD Wrote: I'm going to get 2 copies of this book

Reckon I might send the 2nd one to the ex... then follow it up with an email " I know what you are thinking BUT YOU are the toxic one "

haha, if i did the , she would say,, help, hes harrassing me again?
Mine will only use email but there is no co-parenting or communication - just 3 page abusive rants and accusations - sigh. Or nothing at all and then a rant that I didn't do something I was supposed to be psychic about after no communication.

That Toxic Ex book is a Godsend. In it there is every trick of parental alienation you will come across, and how to deal with it/react or not react to things. LTCDad - I wouldn't send a copy to your ex she might get some ideas from it! After reading it, we were convinced my ex had used it as a handbook to think of as much disruption as possible.
(02-19-2018, 08:25 PM)avadad Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 08:44 AM)Naive Wrote: Mine is much the same, but she has only stopped since September when I asked to discuss a more equitable shared care.

well naive? at least your ex will , talk two you,, mine dont, even if its in the childs best interest??? thanku for your reply,

(02-19-2018, 02:13 PM)LTCDAD Wrote: I'm going to get 2 copies of this book

haha, if i did the , she would say,, help, hes harrassing me again?

The only reason she talks to me now is to criticize and help build a case against me in front of her witness. [a big reason why I refuse to talk/argue with her at handovers]

But if you want to talk to my ex, knock yourself out, she's charming.