Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing a child arrangement order regarding travel
Hello all,
is there a specific form we need to fill in to change child arrangements order.
My son won custody of his daughter 1.5 years ago. Social Services backed him fully in court and even stood as witness. The court case kept getting adjourned for silly reasons, It went on for well over a year. Anyway end result was finally a good outcome. He's always had contact before that and we have done all the driving.

The final arrangement said It "Child to spend time with Mum every other weekend from after school until 4pm on Sundays, School Holidays to be shared, and that My son is "responsible to ensure the chlld is taken to and collected from the mums". 
At the time of the reports and hearing, my son was in a full time job and was financially able to do the train journey if necessary, Train journey is 2hrs 40mins each way, (even though us grandparents do the driving).
However, he now is part time due to the fact that he has his daughter full custody and fits things around her.
Do you know how we would go about getting this arrangement changed,
or moreso can we?
One of the reasons I ask is, there is always grief on drops off/pick ups. /for instance, a while ago we went to collect(It was school half term and holidays meant to be equally shared, although mum had her all week) We arrived, as stated at said time and Mum decided not to be in!! It's not the first time this has happened. The journey is 120 mile round trip. Now she is still there and we are back home after waiting hours. Mum text to say "we were out"..
I told her she has to now bring the child back, but she will not! we were stuck with no car and not happy. 
Again it's school hols and our car has been off road for about a month. Her family have been doing the driving for last few visits for which we are truly grateful. Meant to drop back Thursday and made an excuse, Let that go as grateful. Late last night got a message saying not dropping back! The child has to miss school tomorrow now and son needs go on train in morning! 
what can we do . How do we go about changing the travelling and would the courts allow a change etc? as it's too stressful. I feel the non resident parent should be doing at least some of the travelling. 
Many thanks
(02-18-2018, 08:27 PM)pinky Wrote: Hello all,
is there a specific form we need to fill in to change child arrangements order.
My son won custody of his daughter 1.5 years ago. Social Services backed him fully in court and even stood as witness. The court case kept getting adjourned for silly reasons, It went on for well over a year. Anyway end result was finally a good outcome. He's always had contact before that and we have done all the driving.

The final arrangement said It "Child to spend time with Mum every other weekend from after school until 4pm on Sundays, School Holidays to be shared, and that My son is "responsible to ensure the chlld is taken to and collected from the mums". 
At the time of the reports and hearing, my son was in a full time job and was financially able to do the train journey if necessary, Train journey is 2hrs 40mins each way, (even though us grandparents do the driving).
However, he now is part time due to the fact that he has his daughter full custody and fits things around her.
Do you know how we would go about getting this arrangement changed,
or moreso can we?
One of the reasons I ask is, there is always grief on drops off/pick ups. /for instance, a while ago we went to collect(It was school half term and holidays meant to be equally shared, although mum had her all week) We arrived, as stated at said time and Mum decided not to be in!! It's not the first time this has happened. The journey is 120 mile round trip. Now she is still there and we are back home after waiting hours. Mum text to say "we were out"..
I told her she has to now bring the child back, but she will not! we were stuck with no car and not happy. 
Again it's school hols and our car has been off road for about a month. Her family have been doing the driving for last few visits for which we are truly grateful. Meant to drop back Thursday and made an excuse, Let that go as grateful. Late last night got a message saying not dropping back! The child has to miss school tomorrow now and son needs go on train in morning! 
what can we do . How do we go about changing the travelling and would the courts allow a change etc? as it's too stressful. I feel the non resident parent should be doing at least some of the travelling. 
Many thanks

To vary a Child Arrangements Order, you need to show reason why, and that must be new, as everything up to when the order was made in law is deamed to of been considered.

He has the reason, due to his work. He can also say that hes also found out that it is up to the Non Resident Parent to arrange transport for their contact, and that they are then able to have the cost considered in a CMS Child Support case.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering amendment to Child Arrangement Order nikontog 10 1,992 01-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Constant changing of arrangement with no valid reason. TwinDad101 19 8,907 01-17-2020, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Child arrangement order constantly broken Sadman2016 9 5,703 08-28-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Sadman2016
  Child arrangement orders mucha79 2 2,798 01-25-2019, 08:49 AM
Last Post: mucha79
  Child Arrangement Order Advice, please Noel-1972 6 5,264 11-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Child Arrangement Order Advice Stew2508 0 1,427 08-26-2018, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Stew2508
  Child Overseas Travel Without Consent Bluesintown 7 5,646 07-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual
  Seeking advice for making an arrangement order pm180107 5 4,753 06-16-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: pm180107
  Amendment to child arrangement order Dadhl 0 1,425 06-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Dadhl
  Arrangement order Hepburn88 6 5,425 03-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000