Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost the plot
Ok final hearing coming up.  So much happened in last few months and getting prepared for hearing that I can't actually remember what happened in the first place!  Or what it's all about.  Genning myself up on the details before the hearing, which are in application and statement, but kind of worrying when you can't remember what happened 6 months ago regarding contact being cancelled!
Tell me about it - it's amazing how much it takes out of you! Almost there though!!
Spend an evening putting all your 'stuff' in piles or buckets
then write a short summary Half a page of A4 max for each bucket eg

BLOCKED ACCESS
Ex has blocked access on several occasions during last 6 months
Give 3 examples A, B, C

Details are NOT important... judge has no time to sit and read or listen to them ... it also makes you look confused and unclear what you want

Be clear, you want to do best for kids... not slag off ex-wife... you focus only on the main themes that lever or barrier your role as a father and a few examples
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
Good luck buddy, keep us updated
I struggle to differentiate between what might be important events to state/prove in court or seen as trivial.
I made the mistake of going to mediation with hopes of a practical discussion about arrangements and got totally pasted by petty excuses and accusations. Im not making that mistake again.

On a slightly separate note, there's an interview doing the rounds at the moment, [link below] Im not saying anything about the topic of the interview, its irrelevant. Im pointing it out because if I had an ounce of this guys composure/logic/eloquence Id be far less worried about court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54
Thanks all. LTCDad that is good advice. Remember things in threes. What actually happens at a final hearing anyway? I know both sides are cross examined on their statements and that's about it. Assume they can throw any question at you.
Run through the welfare check list,
Mixed your position statement with a few updates from the previous hearing.
Im gonna inbox you and I hope it helps in some way an an example,
In my case they closed evidence (the hearing before), told my ex and her solicitor to sit down and shut up a few times, then read statement / summary indicating what the final written order would be and why.... then we had to go back for the reading (you dont have to attend this as it lasts 3 minutes) but i did to see the ex's face... the shared custody order was read out... the ex got up and stormed out, slamming the door... and everyone looked at me with a look in their face of " how did you put up with that for 13 years"?
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
(02-22-2018, 07:08 AM)LTCDAD Wrote: In my case they closed evidence (the hearing before), told my ex and her solicitor to sit down and shut up a few times, then read statement / summary indicating what the final written order would be and why.... then we had to go back for the reading (you dont have to attend this as it lasts 3 minutes) but i did to see the ex's face... the shared custody order was read out... the ex got up and stormed out, slamming the door... and everyone looked at me with a look in their face of " how did you put up with that for 13 years"?

13 years???? clap......clap...............clap

I only survived 7 years.

Did she stick to the order?
Thanks All. Asd that is really helpful thank you. Just getting genned up on my statement and thinking of awkward things they may try and throw (from ex's evidence) and be prepared with answers.