Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel Requirements
Hiya,

Probably been covered but when I searched travel it brought up so much stuff from the same threads so apologies.....

Anyway hopefully final hearing is coming up soon and part of the CAO is that I want to go on holiday within Europe during the holidays for a week and and the odd weekend. I know the LO needs a passport and that it has top stay with the ex but with regards to flying etc do I need any letters from the ex approving travel etc?

Thanks
Probably not... any specifics will be covered in the CAO so it will say something like you need ' agreement' and you must provide flight details, where you are staying and contact details in case of emergency

You might (depending on what the ex is like) ensure you get passport 21 days before travel
and if she does not share your surname with the kid... she might need a letter from you
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
(02-22-2018, 11:29 AM)LTCDAD Wrote: Probably not... any specifics will be covered in the CAO so it will say something like you need ' agreement' and you must provide flight details, where you are staying and contact details in case of emergency

You might (depending on what the ex is like) ensure you get passport 21 days before travel
and if she does not share your surname with the kid... she might need a letter from you

Yeah I thought as much with the flight details and locations etc but I was thinking in terms of at the airport and stuff like that, will I need a letter like non objection letter? 

She has both surnames on the birth certificate which  guess will follow through on to the passport when she gets one.
In Northern Ireland we can have two passports. So in theory is you have an Irish Granny you may be able to get an Irish one for yourself and your kids and thus end up with two.

Since the EU referendum the number of people in the mainland UK applying for Irish passports shot up massively.

Could be worth looking into for some of you.