Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP HELP PLEASE!!!! waiting for court date and haven't seen daughter in 6 weeks
hi, i am new on here but needed somewhere to get advice and speak with people in the same situations.

i broke up with my ex 2 year ago and since i am in a new happy relationship with a new little baby son. 6 weeks ago my ex stopped my daughter to come to see me because i said she wasn't allowed to wear a padded bra (she is 9). so i had to go to solicitor and try mediation which it was deemed unsuitable, now we are awaiting a court date.

before this incident my daughter was sleeping 3 or 4 nights a week when i was home,i work offshore so home for a few weeks and away for a few. we have an amazing relationship and she is my best mate and now my ex has told her she isn't allowed to speak to me and as deleted my number out my daughters phone,its all ridiculous. i could go on on by the stuff my ex has done but i just want to see my daughter.she only lives 3 streets away from me but i don't want to go round and cause a scene as she will just use it against me.

how long does the first hearing take to get a date?my solicitor send the application in last thursday.

how long until casscaff ring me?please someone help
The process can be long or short depending. If you are the resident parent and a father things seem to be multi speeded up to promote contact with the mother. This happened in my case . As I see dads on here being the non resident parent some have waited a very long long time.

If contact was regular then you should have no problem with getting what was in place before contact stopped. However the courts play this silly time delay game where you may have to attend supervised contact, delay with cafcass reports. Non attendance of hearing your ex. The longer things drag on to which the courts are hoping,the judgement at the final hearing would be most likely in favour of the resident parent.(mother) as they will deem the child to be settled in routine etc. The usual rubbish they come out with.

I wish I had the same treatment as mothers in court.
I would be a happy bunny now and not still trying to protect my son and drag on proceeding that should have been dealt with from the onset.
(02-25-2018, 08:11 AM)asd1270 Wrote: The process can be long or short depending. If you are the resident parent and a father things seem to be multi speeded up to promote contact with the mother. This happened in my case . As I see dads on here being the non resident parent some have waited a very long long time.

If contact was regular then you should have no problem with getting what was in place before contact stopped. However the courts play  this silly time delay game where you may have to attend supervised contact, delay with cafcass reports. Non attendance of hearing your ex. The longer things drag on to which the courts are hoping,the judgement at the final hearing would be most likely in favour of the resident parent.(mother) as they will deem the child to be settled in routine etc. The usual rubbish they come out with.

I wish I had the same treatment as mothers in court.
I would be a happy bunny now and not still trying to protect my son and drag on proceeding that should have been dealt with from the onset.

hi mate

she lives with her mam but when I'm home she was staying 3 or 4 nights a week and these last 6 weeks have been torture not seeing her, i want to go round and have it out but thats not going to be goo at all, she is very minuplitive and a great liar.

she once told everyone my daughter had cystic fibrosis and she was dying, she's told people she has had breast cancer the lot, but that means nothing really does it,she dresses my daughter in holey leggings and clothes to small for her,i wanted to go for full custody but my solicitor says i won't get it as i work way  Angry

do yo know what happens in the first hearing, its a 30 minute one i think
They magistrates will give directions, ie cafcass involvement, possibility contact, may be supervised , mediation..etc all depends on the current situ . However all depends on what the mother wants. Having a solicitor is good .
I found that using a solicitor or barrister towards the final hearing is much more cost effective.
I made the mistake of not having one at the final hearing but this was due not getting representation at short notice.
Prepare a child focused position statement.
Include the impact of the disruption of contact is having on your child. That it has been regular and positive etc.

Oh one important note Keep a record of everything as things tend to go pear shaped when allegations are thrown like its on tap.

Phone ,text, etc

Ur will no doubt get some very good support on here bud and some ex advice.

Hopefully everything goes well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Court hearing date changed Sb1353 8 997 07-30-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sb1353
  Difficulty with court date/unhelpful clerk TheDetective 3 582 07-26-2019, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Court date Sb1353 1 629 04-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Naive
  Help needed - not seen kids in 5 weeks danh1980 5 2,745 12-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Last Post: stoneangel
  URGENT HELP-missed court date thelongroad 1 896 09-20-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: asd1270
  First court date dilemma - help needed :-( pm180107 10 3,120 09-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: pm180107
  Court date set during holiday lostsoul 13 4,295 08-27-2018, 07:37 AM
Last Post: lostsoul
Sad Court order in place, but now denied access to my daughter parmsg 16 6,036 07-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: parmsg
  Breach of court order 4 weeks after final order TheDetective 5 2,327 06-19-2018, 12:03 PM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual
  5 nights over 2 weeks myboyneedsadadtoo 6 2,356 05-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: myboyneedsadadtoo