Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interim Contact Order broke
Hi All,

I am in the legal process of getting a contact order in place. I was in court last month, and thankfully I was able to get an interim contact order in place.

This allowed me to spend Sunday's with my 6 year old boy. The order stated that only parents are to available for handover. I read this meaning that I was the only one who was allowed to collect my son. For the first two weeks there was no issues. my son was delighted to see me, and we spent quality time together. My mother and my sister came in the car with me to spend time together, as he now lives an hour away from home.

I am currently working in London but fly home to N.Ireland for contact, every weekend. On Friday, 30mins before close of business, my solicitor contacted me saying he received correspondence. Apparently because my mum was in the car, this was breaching the court order, in the eyes of my sons mum. She then refused contact, essentially breaking the court order in place.

What can I do about this? Is there any repercussions for her breaching the order?

I flew home this weekend one earn to spend time with my son, and again I have been refused contact.

Furthermore, I found out this weekend, that my ex is now 3 months pregnant with her new partner. We broke up just less than a year ago, so I think this is crazy considering she is in a legal battle with me over constantly refusing me contact with my son.

Do the judges go easier on her now she is pregnant? She clearly thinks she is above the law.
(02-26-2018, 11:55 AM)warrior90 Wrote: Hi All,

I am in the legal process of getting a contact order in place. I was in court last month, and thankfully I was able to get an interim contact order in place.

This allowed me to spend Sunday's with my 6 year old boy. The order stated that only parents are to available for handover. I read this meaning that I was the only one who was allowed to collect my son. For the first two weeks there was no issues. my son was delighted to see me, and we spent quality time together. My mother and my sister came in the car with me to spend time together, as he now lives an hour away from home.

I am currently working in London but fly home to N.Ireland for contact, every weekend. On Friday, 30mins before close of business, my solicitor contacted me saying he received correspondence. Apparently because my mum was in the car, this was breaching the court order, in the eyes of my sons mum. She then refused contact, essentially breaking the court order in place.

What can I do about this? Is there any repercussions for her breaching the order?

I flew home this weekend one earn to spend time with my son, and again I have been refused contact.

Furthermore, I found out this weekend, that my ex is now 3 months pregnant with her new partner. We broke up just less than a year ago, so I think this is crazy considering she is in a legal battle with me over constantly refusing me contact with my son.

Do the judges go easier on her now she is pregnant? She clearly thinks she is above the law.

This is down to how the order is interprited. My suggestion is to contact the court to clear this up. Normally this type of clause is just to ensure the parent is present, not for example, having time where they are in control of who is looking after the child.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
There was no need to withhold contact at all. If you were in breach all she had to do was point that out give you the opportunity to rectify it not withhold contact all weekend. Hopefully your solicitor will address this.

You will have to enforce contact or as Mark says have the matter clarified at the very least.
(02-26-2018, 04:45 PM)Hazy Wrote: There was no need to withhold contact at all.  If you were in breach all she had to do was point that out give you the opportunity to rectify it not withhold contact all weekend. Hopefully your solicitor will address this.

You will have to enforce contact or as Mark says have the matter clarified at the very least.

Thanks,

The correspondence from her solicitor said that a letter had been sent out the week before raising concerns. No such letter exists. She obviously waiting until last thing on the Friday, as she knew both solicitors offices would be closing.

All contact between parties is to be via solicitors now, and this isnt the first time this has happen at the close of business, just as I have left on my flight.

At the minute we are going for a review hearing. Is there any way of pushing for a final hearing sooner? I have a concrete statement in place. Her statement is laced with lies which are easily proven through evidence I have to hand. 

The law is very unfair to fathers. This has been going on for 7 months and she is still pulling the strings, even with an interim contact order in place.
Given the fact that you fly to NI specifically for contact you may be able to put in an urgent enforcement claim.

You may also be able to claim expenses for lost contact (your solicitor should know).

Solicitors should not get involved in any game playing on their clients behalf really but they sometimes do I suppose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interim contact arrangements advice thelongroad 22 20,816 12-23-2018, 04:19 PM
Last Post: thelongroad
  Interim court order continues to be broken Marky207 4 5,268 11-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Marky207
  Interim court order broken already - what to do now? Marky207 12 13,376 10-29-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Marky207
  Interim contact - psychotic ex Marky207 1 2,797 09-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Advice on interim order and lack of evidence ukchris2013 0 1,864 09-18-2018, 10:44 AM
Last Post: ukchris2013
  Advice needed after mediation broke down ALFIE137 11 12,266 08-09-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: ALFIE137
  Interim Child Contact Akarou 1 2,876 04-25-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  interim contact order warwickshire1 8 8,892 04-17-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Witholding contact under interim order Naive 7 7,445 04-09-2018, 06:51 AM
Last Post: Naive
  re-establishing interim contact - advice please devoted-dad99 2 4,276 02-20-2018, 05:30 AM
Last Post: mahendardamera